jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.

Enter words here that describe what you are looking for (e.B. cut a tree) or a matter for citizens and companies (e.B. house construction, marriage).
Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Applying for a residence permit to participate in the European Voluntary Service


As a participant in the European Voluntary Service, you will be granted a residence permit for the duration of your voluntary service, but for a maximum of one year.

The agreement between you and the host institution must contain the essential information (job description, duration, working hours, working conditions, supervision, remuneration and, where applicable, training).

If you have not yet reached the age of 18, you also need the consent of your legal guardian.

In addition to participation in voluntary service, additional employment is not permitted.

  • You have a recognized and valid identity document (e.g. passport or passport substitute) and, if this was required for entry into Germany - an appropriate visa.
  • You have concluded a formal agreement with a reputable institution on the implementation of the voluntary service.
  • There is no statutory ground for refusal (for example, you should not be one of those beneficiaries of international protection in Germany, who have applied for international protection, whose deportation is temporarily suspended or who has been granted temporary protection; nor should the host institution have been established for the sole purpose of facilitating the entry and residence of foreigners).
  • You have sufficient health insurance coverage.
  • There is no interest in expulsion against you.
  • Your stay does not endanger or impair the interests of the Federal Republic of Germany.
  • Recognized and valid identity document (for example, passport or passport substitute)
  • Visa, if required for entry
  • Current biometric photo in passport format (45 x 35 mm)
  • Agreement with the host organisation for the implementation of the European Voluntary Service, including a description of the job, details of the duration of the voluntary service, working hours, working conditions, supervision, remuneration and any training included.
  • Proof of health insurance coverage
  • Before the age of 18: consent of the legal guardians
  • In individual cases, the Foreigners' Registration Office may require less or further proof.

Duration: 6 to 8

Remark (for more information on the deadline):

At the latest 8 weeks before the expiry of your valid visa or before the start of your voluntary service, the application should be received by the Foreigners' Registration Office.

: maximum 1 year

Remark (for more information on the deadline):

The residence permit is issued for a maximum of 1 year.

Deadline type: : 1

Duration approx. 8 weeks

Note for further information on processing time:

The production of the electronic residence title by Bundesdruckerei takes about 4 to 6 weeks.

  • Appeal against the decision of the Foreigners' Registration Office
  • Action before the court named in the notice of opposition if the objection is not complied with

The immigration authority responsible for the place of residence of the applicant is responsible for processing the application.

Forms available: No

Written form required: Yes

Informal application possible: No

Personal appearance required: Yes

  • Find out whether your immigration authority allows you to submit your application online or has a special application form.
  • If the application is only possible in person, make an appointment at the Foreigners' Registration Office. In the case of an online application, the Foreigners' Registration Office will contact you after receipt of your application to make an appointment.
  • During the appointment, your identity and documents will be checked (please bring your documents, preferably original, to the appointment).
  • If your request is granted, your fingerprints will be taken for the production of an electronic residence title (eATKarte). The Foreigners' Registration Office commissions Bundesdruckerei to produce the eAT card. After completion, you will receive information and can pick up the residence permit at the responsible office. The eAT card must always be picked up in person.
  • If your application is rejected, you will receive a rejection notice.

Ministry of the Interior and Municipal Affairs of the State of Brandenburg

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

No authority found