jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.

Enter words here that describe what you are looking for (e.B. cut a tree) or a matter for citizens and companies (e.B. house construction, marriage).
Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Apply to the job center for funding for people with disabilities who want to complete further training


If you need special assistance with vocational reorientation or change of direction due to physical, mental, sensory or learning impairments, you can take rehabilitation-specific continuing education. You can then continue your training either

  • in the company with the support of an educational institution (in-company retraining)
  • or directly in an educational institution
  • or in a vocational rehabilitation facility.

You are covered by social insurance during your training. The job center pays the costs of further training, provided that the Federal Employment Agency is your responsible rehabilitation agency. Depending on your eligibility criteria, you may be entitled to a citizen's allowance during your continuing education. As of 01.07.2023, you will receive the citizen's allowance bonus of EUR 75.00 per month during further training that lasts longer than eight weeks. During a retraining that leads to a vocational qualification, you will receive further training allowance of EUR 150.00 per month from 01.07.2023.

The aim of the further training is, for example, to improve your chances of integration on the labor market through qualification and to find employment appropriate to your health. The following measures are possible:

Rehab preparation course (RVL).

In the RVL, you will receive support services that prepare you for retraining. In addition, you will be supported in finding a suitable retraining company. The RVL usually lasts 3 months.

Further vocational training with a qualification

Through further training with a qualification (= retraining), you can obtain a vocational qualification in a recognized training occupation. The retraining period usually comprises 2/3 of the regular training period of the occupational goal. The entire retraining period is supported. If you have to repeat exams and your retraining period is extended as a result, the funding will also be extended.

If you complete a company-based retraining program, you will receive socio-pedagogical and, in some cases, psychological support, depending on your individual needs. The goal is for you to successfully complete your retraining and find a job afterwards.

An educational institution accompanies you throughout the entire retraining period with teaching, support and counseling services and helps you with problems at vocational school and in the company.

If in-company retraining is not possible for you, you can complete it at an educational institution or a vocational rehabilitation facility.

The theoretical part of the retraining takes place in the educational institution or vocational rehabilitation facility and in vocational schools. The retraining also includes support and remedial teaching and offers for exam preparation. The practical parts of the retraining are carried out by companies with which a retraining or cooperation agreement may be concluded.

Continuing vocational training without a qualification

Within the framework of continuing education without a degree, you can adapt your qualifications and knowledge to the current requirements of the labor market.

The content, duration and orientation of continuing education measures without a degree are varied. They can include knowledge transfer, but also support in taking up a job on the labor market and in-company phases. This also includes integration measures.

Depending on the target group and equipment, the (educational) facilities have their own workshops, offices and businesses with disability-friendly workplace design and provide pedagogical and, in some cases, psychological support.

Vocational rehabilitation facilities also offer residential and recreational opportunities and are available to answer occupational health questions.

Whether you can undergo rehabilitation-specific further training - supported by a company or in an (educational) facility - depends, among other things, on whether

  • whether the measure is suitable for you and your specific case in order to increase your chances on the labor market,
  • what your personal inclinations are and how they can be useful in your professional life,
  • what activities you have performed so far, and
  • how the labor market is currently developing.

If you would like to complete a rehabilitation-specific continuing education program, the following requirements apply:

  • You have a disability and your rehabilitation provider is the Federal Employment Agency.
  • Your prospects of participating in working life are not only temporarily significantly reduced due to the nature or severity of your disabilities.
    • Or: You are threatened with a disability with the same occupational consequences.
  • Due to the nature and severity of your disabilities
    • the general benefits to support your participation in working life are not sufficient,
    • you need special support from an educational institution, or
    • you need to complete further training in a special vocational rehabilitation facility.
  • You are willing to undergo vocational training or other vocational integration.
  • You can be expected to graduate from continuing education.

When contacting the employment agency or job center, please ask which documents you need.

Processing usually takes several weeks. After approval of the service, the measure should begin as soon as possible in coordination with the provider.

Appeal to the job center that issued the decision. Further information on how to lodge an appeal can be found in the respective notice.

Forms available: No
Written form required: No
Informal application possible: Yes
Personal appearance required: No
Online services available: Yes

In order to receive rehabilitation-specific training, you must contact your employment agency or job center:

  • To do so, make an appointment with the vocational rehabilitation and participation team at your employment agency or the integration specialist at your job center.
    • If you do not yet have a personal contact person at your employment agency, make an appointment via the service hotline of the Federal Employment Agency.
    • If you are already being supported by the job center, make an appointment with your personal integration specialist.
  • The counseling session will clarify whether rehabilitation-specific training is suitable for you.
  • If your advisor determines that a rehabilitation-specific training program is suitable for you, you will be immediately registered for it. Your counselor will also discuss with you the forms you will need to complete. You can also complete the paperwork online.
  • You will receive written notification as soon as a place is available.
  • The employment agency or job center registers you with the educational institution or vocational rehabilitation facility.
  • You conclude a further training/participation contract with the educational institution or facility and start your further training.

Federal Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs (BMAS)

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.