jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.

Enter words here that describe what you are looking for (e.B. cut a tree) or a matter for citizens and companies (e.B. house construction, marriage).
Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Reporting the employment of a domestic helper to the statutory accident insurance fund


All persons employed in private households are insured against accidents in accordance with the Seventh Book of the Social Code. Private households become employers by employing a domestic helper.

The term household help includes:

  • Cleaners,
  • babysitters,
  • kitchen help,
  • garden helpers as well as
  • child and adult caregivers.

Statutory accident insurance is non-contributory for employees. The costs are borne by the employer - i.e. you as the person running the household. By paying the contribution, you as the employer are released from liability if something happens to your domestic staff in your household. Liability is then assumed by the accident insurance fund. This is your point of contact in the event of accidents at work and on the way to and from work, as well as occupational illnesses suffered by your domestic staff.

The benefits may range from medical treatment to a lifelong pension.

As a private employer, you are a member of the accident insurance fund by law. When registering for statutory accident insurance, a distinction must be made as to whether the employment is marginal or subject to compulsory insurance.

Employment subject to compulsory insurance exists if:

  • the person you employ receives more than 520.00 EUR per month from you, or
  • the person is employed both in your private household and in your office, practice or business enterprise, and
  • the work in your private household is predominant, i.e. more than 50 percent of the total working time.

You must report these employees who are subject to compulsory insurance to the accident insurance fund of the federal state in which the household is located.

You do not have to report marginal employment to the accident insurance fund. This so-called mini-job exists if the monthly earnings do not exceed 520.00 EUR. You must register mini-jobs in the household with the Minijob-Zentrale using the so-called household check procedure.

  • You employ people in your private household.

No documentation is required.

There are no costs involved.

  • Appeal
  • Detailed information on how to lodge an appeal can be found in the notification from your accident insurance fund.

Forms available: No

Written form required: No

Informal application possible: Yes

Personal appearance required: No

Online services available: Yes

You can submit an application or notice of change to household employment requiring insurance online or by mail.

Online Service:

  • Access the online service.
  • You will be guided through the process on the Accident Insurance Service Portal.
  • You can log in.
    • If you would like to receive the response from your employers' liability insurance association or accident insurance fund in the mailbox of your BundID account or My Company Account, you must have an account and authenticate yourself.
    • If you would like to receive the response by mail, you can also proceed without logging in.
  • Select your responsible employers' liability insurance association or accident insurance fund or determine it using the industry search.
  • Upload the required documents.
  • Fill out the online form and submit it.
  • Your report will be automatically forwarded to your employers' liability insurance association or accident insurance fund.
  • You will receive a response by the requested method.

Online service Your employers' liability insurance association or accident insurance fund:

  • If you have access to the portal of your employers' liability insurance association or accident insurance fund, you can also submit the notification electronically there, if necessary.

Message by mail:

  • Contact your employers' liability insurance association or accident insurance fund with an informal letter.
  • Make sure you provide the required information and enclose the necessary documents.

There are no clues or specifics.

Federal Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs (BMAS)

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.