jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.

Enter words here that describe what you are looking for (e.B. cut a tree) or a matter for citizens and companies (e.B. house construction, marriage).
Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Applying for a residence permit to participate in the European Voluntary Service Extension


As a participant in the European Voluntary Service, you have been issued a residence permit. If the host institution agrees with you in writing to extend the service, your residence permit can also be extended.

The prerequisite is that the maximum period of issue of the residence permit of one year has not yet been exhausted.

If you have not yet reached the age of 18, you also need the consent of your legal guardian for the extension.

In addition to participation in voluntary service, additional employment is not permitted.

  • You have a recognized and valid identity document (for example, passport or passport substitute)
  • They are already doing a European Voluntary Service, the duration of which was originally agreed to be less than one year.
  • You have agreed with the host institution to extend your service for a maximum total period of one year.
  • There is no statutory ground for refusal (for example, you should not be one of those beneficiaries of international protection in Germany, who have applied for international protection, whose deportation is temporarily suspended or who has been granted temporary protection; nor should the host institution have been established for the sole purpose of facilitating the entry and residence of foreigners).
  • You have sufficient health insurance coverage.
  • There is no interest in expulsion against you.

Your stay does not endanger or impair the interests of the Federal Republic of Germany.

  • Recognized and valid identity document (for example, passport or passport substitute)
  • Initial agreement with the host entity for the implementation of the European Voluntary Service (including job description, details of the duration of the voluntary service, working hours, working conditions, supervision, remuneration and any training included) and written agreement on the extension of the service
  • Proof of health insurance coverage
  • Before the age of 18: consent of the legal guardians

In individual cases, the Foreigners' Registration Office may request further documents.


  • 96,00 for a further stay of up to three months
  • 93,00 for a further stay of more than three months


Additional fees may apply for the issuance of the residence permit in the form of an electronic residence permit, which can also be used as an electronic proof of identity.

The extension of the residence permit should be applied for at least six to eight weeks before the expiry of the original residence permit.

Further information on the deadline:

The residence permit is issued for a maximum of one year. An extension is only possible if this period has not yet been exhausted.

Opposition period: 1 month

Duration: approx. 8

Further information on processing time:

It takes about 4 to 6 weeks for Bundesdruckerei to produce the electronic residence permit

  • Appeal against the decision of the Foreigners' Registration Office
  • Action before the court named in the notice of opposition if the objection is not complied with

The immigration authority responsible for the place of residence of the applicant is responsible for processing the application.

Forms available: No

Written form required: Yes

Informal application possible: No

Personal appearance required: Yes

  • Find out whether your immigration authority allows you to submit your application online or has a special application form.
  • If the application is only possible in person, make an appointment at the Foreigners' Registration Office. In the case of an online application, the Foreigners' Registration Office will contact you after receipt of your application to make an appointment.
  • During the appointment, your identity and documents will be checked (please bring your documents, preferably original, to the appointment).
  • If your request is granted, your fingerprints will be taken for the production of a new electronic residence title (eATKarte). The Foreigners' Registration Office commissions Bundesdruckerei to produce the eAT card. After completion, you will receive information and can pick up the residence permit at the responsible office. The eAT card must always be picked up in person.

If your application is rejected, you will receive a rejection notice.

It is not possible to extend the residence permit beyond a total period of one year.

Ministry of the Interior and Municipal Affairs of the State of Brandenburg

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

No authority found