jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.

Enter words here that describe what you are looking for (e.B. cut a tree) or a matter for citizens and companies (e.B. house construction, marriage).
Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Apply for a permit to breed, keep and trade animals


You require a permit for the commercial handling of animals if you wish to carry out the following activities commercially:

  • Breeding, keeping or trading vertebrate animals other than farm animals
  • Maintenance of a riding and driving business
  • Exhibition of animals
  • Control of vertebrates as pests
  • bringing vertebrate animals that are not farm animals to Germany for sale (sale against payment)
  • training dogs for third parties or instructing the training of dogs by pet owners

This permit is also required if you

  • keep animals in an animal shelter or similar facility
  • keep and exhibit animals in a zoological garden or other facility
  • train dogs for third parties, maintain facilities for this purpose or instruct the training of dogs by the animal owner
  • bringing or importing vertebrate animals into the country for the purpose of selling them for a fee or consideration or brokering these animals for a fee or consideration
  • organize animal exchanges for the purpose of exchanging or selling animals by third parties

Note: You do not require a permit to keep farm animals.

  • a professional qualification or
  • expertise in the area you wish to operate commercially.
  • Application for a permit according to § 11 TierSchG,
  • certificate of good conduct
  • Certified copy of the certificate of competence according to § 11 TierSchG
Tip: You can apply for the certificate of good conduct at the local registration office, from where it can be sent directly to the responsible food monitoring and veterinary office.
  • Procedural costs
  • Fee for service of process
  • if applicable: further expenses

Commencement of activity: after permission has been granted

Processing time: up to 4 months

Processing Time: 4 Months

Contact the veterinary office of your district or city.

  • After you have submitted the application and all the necessary documents to the responsible authority, these will first be checked for completeness and your personal requirements.
  • An on-site appointment will then be arranged with you to check the technical requirements.
  • If you meet all the requirements, the permit for the commercial handling of animals will then be sent to you.

Saxon State Ministry for Social Affairs and Social Cohesion

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

No authority found