jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.

Enter words here that describe what you are looking for (e.B. cut a tree) or a matter for citizens and companies (e.B. house construction, marriage).
Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Apply for a driver card


The driver card is used to record driving times and rest periods for the commercial transportation of goods and passengers. As a driver, you need a driver card for the following motor vehicles (motor vehicles):

  • Motor vehicles with a maximum permissible mass of more than 3.5 tons including trailers
  • Motor vehicles with a maximum permissible mass of 2.8 to 3.5 tons including trailers, provided a digital tachograph is installed
  • Motor vehicles designed to carry more than 9 persons including the driver

There are certain exemptions for farmers or for universal services.

If you do not yet have a valid driver card, you can apply for one from your local authority.

The driver card is valid for 5 years from the date of personalization by the Federal Motor Transport Authority (KBA). You must apply to renew your card at least 15 working days before it expires.

Do you want to renew a driver card that has already expired? Then you must place an initial order again.

The driver card issued to you personally may only be used by you. It always remains your property, even if your employer has paid for the driver card. In principle, they are not obliged to bear the costs.

In the event of damage, malfunction, loss or theft of the driver card, you must apply for a replacement card from the office responsible for you within 7 calendar days at the latest. You must immediately report the theft or loss of the driver card to the authority or body that issued the driver card.

  • You are resident in the Federal Republic of Germany.
  • You have a valid driver's license with one of the following categories: B, BE, C1, C1E, C, CE, D1, D1E, D, DE.
  • Your valid driver's license must correspond to one of the above categories if it was issued in an EEA member state.
  • Application for a driver card
  • Proof of identity
  • Valid domestic driving license or driving license from a country of the European Union (EU) or the European Economic Area (EEA)
    • entitles the holder to drive vehicles for which regulations on driving times and rest periods must be observed
  • Proof of residence in Germany and address
  • Proof of birth and surname, first names, date and place of birth
  • 35 mm x 45 mm photograph against a light background showing a frontal view of the applicant without headgear (biometric passport photo)

The driver cards are issued in Saxony-Anhalt by DEKRA Automobil GmbH and TÜV Nord Mobilität GmbH & Co KG.

There are no indications or special features.

Federal Ministry for Digital and Transport Affairs (BMDV)

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

DEKRA Automobil GmbH und TÜV Nord Mobilität GmbH & Co. KG