jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.

Enter words here that describe what you are looking for (e.B. cut a tree) or a matter for citizens and companies (e.B. house construction, marriage).
Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Applying for help for children and young people at risk of development and with disabilities


If you need help with living expenses and do not have statutory or private health insurance, the social welfare provider will provide healthcare assistance.

This includes

  • Support and advice for parents
  • Care and nursing services
  • Medical treatment
  • Therapies such as speech promotion and movement promotion
  • Preventive check-ups
  • Everyday support

Health care services for children with developmental disorders or disabilities include

  • Preventive medical services
  • Early detection examinations
  • treatments
  • Preventive measures
  • counseling

The social welfare office decides on the content and scope of the services that are covered.

Health assistance is available to people

- who do not have statutory or adequate private health insurance,

- the provision of benefits via health insurance is not an option

- and who cannot reasonably be expected to raise the funds for the necessary assistance from their income and assets.

- Application for health assistance

- Identity card or passport (or other documents that can identify the person beyond doubt)

The competent social welfare institution will provide information on the documents required in individual cases.

You must apply for health assistance in advance.

This does not apply in an emergency.

Contact the social welfare office responsible for your municipality or independent city.

Make an appointment with the relevant social welfare office. When you go there, you also apply for social assistance at the same time.

The social welfare office will then check whether you are entitled to social assistance and can therefore be registered as a member of a health insurance scheme.

If you are not entitled, you cannot be registered with a health insurance company.

In this case, it will be checked whether the social welfare office can pay for your child's health care. You may have to submit further documents for this. After the assessment, you will receive a notification from the social welfare office. This will state the type, scope and duration of the approved benefit.

In the event of an emergency, you do not need to submit an application in advance.

Lower Saxony Ministry for Social Affairs, Health and Equality


Ministry of Labor, Social Affairs and Integration of Saxony-Anhalt


The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Reinhardtstraße 28
10117 Berlin, Stadt
Further Authorities
Gustav-Heinemann-Ufer 74 c
50968 Köln, Stadt