jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.

Enter words here that describe what you are looking for (e.B. cut a tree) or a matter for citizens and companies (e.B. house construction, marriage).
Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Apply for premature discharge of waste water into water bodies


For the premature start of water use, a permit is required in Germany. For this purpose, a permit or experience must already be applied for at the competent authority with regard to the use of water.

The approval of the early start of the discharge of waste water is granted by the competent water authority.

Authorisation may only be granted if an application for a permit for waste water discharge has already been submitted to the competent authority and all the necessary requirements have been met.

Authorisation may be granted (discretion) if:

  • a permit application has already been submitted
  • a decision in favor of the discharger can be expected
  • there is a public interest or a legitimate interest of the user at the premature start

and the discharger undertakes to compensate for all damage caused by the discharge until the decision has been made and, if the discharge is not permitted, to restore the previous state.

The required documentation depends on the wastewater (precipitation water, waste water, mixed water) that is to be discharged into the above-ground body of water and / or via the subsoil into the groundwater.

An administrative fee must be paid to the respective federal state for the administrative service Admission early start. The administration fee is based on the respective state law provisions on the administrative fees.

The application must be submitted at an early stage, as a discharge of wastewater into surface water and / or via the subsoil into the groundwater may only take place with the granting of the approval of the early start.

The processing time depends on the quality and scope of the applications and documents submitted.

An objection to the authorisation may be lodged within one month of notification.

Contact the water authority in your county or city.

The description and execution of the individual forms varies from one federal state to another. Generally formulated, there are application forms, checklists and information sheets as declarations or forms.

  • If applicable, link to the aforementioned forms: State specific
  • Online procedure possible: State specific
  • Written form required: State specific
  • Personal appearance necessary: State specific

Online procedure: no

Written form required: yes

Personal appearance: no

  • The authority will explain to you the approval procedure for early commencement.
  • You submit the application documents.
  • Authority checks your application documents and, if necessary, asks you to submit documents later In addition, the authority can contact other authorities.
  • You submit documents; Bodies concerned shall give their opinion.
  • Authority examines subsequently submitted documents and comments received.
  • Authority prepares the approval.
  • You will receive the letter of admission for early commencement.
  • You pay the administrative costs

§ 17 Water Resources Act (WHG)

Ministry of the Environment, Energy, Food and Forestry Rhineland-Palatinate

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Team Untere Wasser-/Bodenschutzbehörde
Neustädter Passage 18
06122 Halle (Saale), Stadt
+49 345 2214678
+49 345 2214667

Mon: by appointment
Tue: 09:00 - 12:00 and 13:00 - 18:00
Wed: by arrangement
Thu: 09:00 - 12:00 and 13:00 - 15:00
Fri: by arrangement
Sat: closed
Sun: closed

Hr. Steffen Johannemann

Position: Team leader

Frau Andrea Knepper

Position: Clerk
Neustädter Passage 18
06122 Halle (Saale), Stadt
+49 345 2214664
+49 345 2214667