jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.

Enter words here that describe what you are looking for (e.B. cut a tree) or a matter for citizens and companies (e.B. house construction, marriage).
Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Have it checked annually to see if my child is receiving an advance on maintenance


The maintenance advance is a state benefit for children of single parents. The maintenance advance is a social benefit with which the youth welfare offices support single parents with at least one dependent child. The maintenance advance helps single parents to secure their child's financial livelihood. The prerequisite for this is that the other parent does not pay maintenance or only partially or does not pay it regularly. The other parent will have to repay the advance later if he does not pay alimony, although he or she could pay all or part of the alimony. You are also entitled to an advance on maintenance for your child under the following conditions:

  • You and your child live together in Germany
  • You raise your child alone and clearly bear the predominant parenting responsibility
  • The other parent does not pay your child maintenance at all, only irregular maintenance or only maintenance that is less than the maintenance advance.

For children from 12 to 17 years of age, the following additional requirements apply:

  • Your child is not dependent on SGB II benefits,
  • Your child would not be dependent on SGB II benefits with the maintenance advance or

if you receive SGB II benefits, you must also have your own income of at least EUR 600 gross per month.

You can also receive an advance on alimony if it is not clear who the father of the child is. It does not matter whether there is a court ruling on paternity or an acknowledgment of paternity before the Youth Welfare Office.

are widowed, you can receive an advance on maintenance for your child.

The responsible maintenance advance office checks annually whether you are entitled to a maintenance advance.

For verification, you will need to answer appropriate questions and provide documentation.

Inform the maintenance advance office immediately of any changes in circumstances during the entire period of receipt of benefits. Contact the maintenance advance office, even if you are unsure. This allows you to avoid possible claims for benefits.

  • You are already receiving an advance on alimony.
  • You are a single parent and live with your child in the same household.
  • You live in Germany.
  • The other parent pays no or irregular child support for your child, or less than agreed.
  • Children between the ages of 12 and 17 are not dependent on SGB II benefits.
  • The single parent You have your own gross income of at least EUR 600 per month.
  • Proof of failure to pay maintenance
  • if applicable, proof of the amount of income of both parents

There are no costs.

Inform the maintenance advance office immediately if your circumstances change.

  • Contradiction
  • Action for an undertaking

Maintenance Advance Office

The Maintenance Advance Office will ask you to provide information on the annual review of your living situation. Upon receipt of the reply, the maintenance advance office will check whether there is still an entitlement to an advance on maintenance.

Federal Ministry for Family Affairs, Senior Citizens, Women and Youth (BMFSFJ)


Ministry of Labour, Social Affairs, Health and Equality of the State of Saxony-Anhalt


The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Start your request directly online:

Team Unterhaltsvorschuss UVG (51.6.1)
Neustädter Passage 18
06122 Halle (Saale), Stadt
+49 345 2213182
  • Datenschutzhinweis UVG Halle 2023