jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.

Enter words here that describe what you are looking for (e.B. cut a tree) or a matter for citizens and companies (e.B. house construction, marriage).
Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Apply for a change of school district


Your child must attend the school in the school district in which you live in order to fulfill compulsory schooling. In exceptional cases, however, it is possible that a different school may be attended. This must be applied for.

Attending school in the school district constitutes an undue hardship.

An informal application and copies of documents supporting the particular hardship.

None, applications to change schools and schooling outside the school district are possible at any time.

As this is a case-by-case examination, there is no fixed duration of the procedure.

Please contact the state education authority.

None, an informal written or electronically signed application is sufficient.

You apply for admission to a school outside your own school district.

  • The State Education Authority will hear you and your child.
  • There must be an important reason for a change of school district.
  • The decision will take into account the personal reasons of the child and the parents as well as the exceptional situation at hand.
  • The State Education Authority will decide on the application and inform you of its decision.

Please explain in detail and in a comprehensible manner why attending the school in whose school district you live constitutes an unreasonable hardship and attach a copy of the documents that prove this.

Ministry of Education of the State of Saxony-Anhalt

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Turmschanzenstraße 32
39114 Magdeburg, Landeshauptstadt
0391 56701
Further Authorities
Ministerium für Bildung
Turmschanzenstraße 32
39114 Magdeburg, Landeshauptstadt
+49 391 567-7777