jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.

Enter words here that describe what you are looking for (e.B. cut a tree) or a matter for citizens and companies (e.B. house construction, marriage).
Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Applying for recognition of foreign school leaving certificates


If you have obtained a school leaving certificate abroad, you can have it recognised. In the case of recognition, your school leaving certificate is treated as equivalent to a German school leaving certificate.

  • You live in Saxony-Anhalt
  • Your foreign school leaving certificate must meet all the requirements of the German school leaving certificate.
  • Application form
  • Copy of your identity document (for example, identity card or passport)
  • Registration certificate
  • Certified copy of your school leaving certificate or certificate
  • residence permit or
  • Proof that you are a Spätaussiedler or Spätaussiedlerin

Usually as soon as possible. Sometimes several months.

Please contact the State Education Office.

  • Submit your application with the required documents to the State Education Office.
  • The State Education Office checks whether your educational qualifications meet the requirements of a German school leaving certificate.
  • After the exam, you will receive a certificate.

Ministry of Education

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Turmschanzenstraße 32
39114 Magdeburg, Landeshauptstadt
0391 56701