jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.

Enter words here that describe what you are looking for (e.B. cut a tree) or a matter for citizens and companies (e.B. house construction, marriage).
Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Applying for educational support


With the educational support (BAföG) you can complete a school or university education regardless of your economic situation.

If you complete a school education, you will receive the so-called Schüler-BAföG. If you study, you will receive the so-called Studenten-BAföG.

You will receive educational support for your living expenses and for your rent. You will receive a maximum of the fixed statutory lump sums.

The amount of funding depends on your income and assets. The income of your parents and spouse is also taken into account.

An exception is the parent-independent BAföG. Whether you are entitled to it depends on your type of education and your CV.

Half of the student BAföG is granted as a loan. If you receive the student BAföG, you have to pay back half.

The Offices for Educational Support will provide you with comprehensive advice on educational support.

General requirements:

  • German citizenship,
  • or European citizenship with a permanent residence permit,
  • or other foreigners or children of foreigners with permanent residence permits
  • If you have completed a Bachelor's degree, you have not yet reached the age of 30
  • If you are studying for a Master's degree, you have not yet reached the age of 35
  • You do not have enough income or assets to support yourself during your training or studies
  • It is your 1st eligible training or
  • It is your 2nd eligible training, which builds on the 1st training and is technically advanced

Depending on the type of training, further requirements may be necessary.

  • Application (Form 01)
  • Curriculum vitae
  • Proof of your income and assets
  • for parent-dependent support: Form 03 and proof of the income of your parents and spouse
  • If applicable, proof of your tenancy
  • If applicable, proof of health and long-term care insurance

You should submit the application at the latest in the month before the start of the training or studies. where your training begins.

4 to 8 weeks.

In the case of school education, please contact the Office for Educational Support of your district or independent city.

If you are studying , please contact the Office for Educational Support of the Studenten-/Studierendenwerke or your university itself.

You can apply for financial support online.

Whether your training BAföG is eligible for funding and your training institution is recognized depends on the respective openly accessible "training center directories" of the federal state where you will complete your training or studies.

Please note that you cannot apply for BAföG for in-company training, but can have your entitlement to vocational training allowance (BAB) checked by the Federal Employment Agency.

Ministry of Economic Affairs, Science and Digitalization of the State of Saxony-Anhalt

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Start your request directly online:

No authority found