jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.

Enter words here that describe what you are looking for (e.B. cut a tree) or a matter for citizens and companies (e.B. house construction, marriage).
Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Applying for training arrangements for disabled people


If possible, people with disabilities should also be trained in "regular" recognised training occupations.

If you or a person with a disability you care for is not eligible for training in a recognised training occupation due to the nature and severity of the disability, the competent body (e.g. the Chamber of Industry and Commerce or the Chamber of Crafts) will apply special training regulations upon request.

If such arrangements have already been made for the desired profession in your region, you do not have to submit an application.

The Federal Institute for Vocational Education and Training has already made recommendations for so-called specialist professions for some occupations, but these must also be recognised in your region. Therefore, please inquire in advance at the office responsible for your region and the desired profession whether such a regulation already exists. Depending on the profession, competent bodies are, for example, chambers of industry and commerce, chambers of crafts or agriculture.

The procedure for new regulations requires the involvement of different bodies and institutions, including outside the board, and therefore takes a longer time, usually between 6 and 12 months. From the application, the completion of the required information and documents, the clarification of details, the aptitude test at the training place, the discussion and decision-making in the vocational training committee of the chamber, the approval by the responsible state ministry and the subsequent publication, a large number of stations must be completed in accordance with the legal requirements.

  • You must prove that you have a training opportunity in the desired training course
  • Further requirements can be found on the homepage of the responsible office or can be obtained from the training counselling service there.
  • According to the instructions of the competent body
  • Further information can be found on the homepage of the responsible office or can be obtained from the training counselling service there.
  • Depending on the responsible body, costs may apply. You can find out more about it there.
  • According to the instructions of the competent body

The procedure usually takes between 6 and 12 months.

  • Contradiction
  • Detailed information on how to file an objection can be found in the notification of your application.
  • Administrative court action

Depending on which training you would like to complete, different chambers are responsible. Chambers are, for example, Chamber of Crafts, Chamber of Industry and Commerce, Medical Association, etc.

  • Forms: As specified by the competent body
  • Online procedure possible: no
  • Written form required: As specified by the competent authority
  • Personal appearance required: According to the specifications of the competent authority

Before applying, you should seek advice from a training advisor in your chamber as to whether regular vocational training is possible or whether there is already a suitable training regulation in your region.

  • If such a regulation does not yet exist and no regular training is possible, you must find a suitable training company and a vocational school that can take over the school part of the training. Your chamber may assist you in this.
  • Further details may need to be clarified with the board.
  • The Chamber then decides whether the VET Committee has to deal with your application or whether it can be dealt with directly.
  • If a decision by the Chamber's Vocational Training Committee is necessary, your application will be submitted to the Committee at the next possible meeting. As a rule, the voluntary vocational training committee meets three to four times a year.
  • As a rule, the VET Committee first discusses the application and may obtain further information. The decision on a new training regulation will be taken either at the next meeting or directly at the first meeting.
  • Subsequently, the new training regulation will be forwarded to the responsible state ministry, which still has to approve the regulation. This can take several weeks or even months.
  • If the approval of the competent Land ministry has been obtained, the regulation can be published. If no specific, later date has been set, the regulation is legally valid from the time of publication.

Association of German Chambers of Industry and Commerce

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.