jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.

Enter words here that describe what you are looking for (e.B. cut a tree) or a matter for citizens and companies (e.B. house construction, marriage).
Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Applying for recognition as a Markscheiderin or Markscheider with a professional qualification from abroad


The profession of Markscheiderin or Markscheider is regulated in Germany. This means that you must prove a certain qualification in order to be allowed to work in the profession. If you have a foreign professional qualification as a Markscheider, you can work in this profession in the selected federal state under certain conditions.

To do this, you must submit an application with all the necessary documents to the competent state authority.

The competent state authority for mining compares your professional qualification from abroad with the professional qualification in the selected federal state and makes an equivalence determination.

You will receive feedback after your application has been reviewed.

If your professional qualification is equivalent and you meet all other requirements, you will be recognised as a Markscheider.

If you lack professional qualifications for recognition, the notification will state the main differences. You can then make a compensatory measure.

  • Equivalence of your professional qualification

In addition to the equivalence of your professional qualification, you must meet further requirements for recognition as a Markscheider:

  • Personal suitability: You are reliable for work as a mine separator.

Health suitability: You are medically suitable for work as a mine separator.

  • Curriculum vitae
  • Proof of identity (identity card or passport)
  • Proof of your professional qualification
  • Evidence of formal qualifications
  • Proof of professional experience as a mine separator
  • Proof of other qualifications
  • Declaration of the place of establishment existing or envisaged
  • Information on applications for recognition that have already been submitted. Then indicate to which body you have submitted the application.

You usually hand in these documents later. The competent authority will inform you when to hand in the documents:

  • Proof of personal suitability (e.g. certificate of good conduct)
  • Proof of health suitability: medical certificate

If your documents are not available in German, you must submit German translations of your documents. The translations must be made by translators who are publicly appointed or authorised.

There is no deadline.

Processing Time: 3 Months
The competent body shall acknowledge receipt of your application within one month. The competent authority will inform you if further documents are required. If you have submitted all the required documents, you will receive a notification with the result after 3 months at the latest. In certain cases, the competent body may prolong the procedure.

You can take legal action against the decision of the competent authority within a certain period of time (for example, file an objection). The decision will then be reviewed. Details can be found in the information on the right of appeal at the end of your decision. We recommend that you first talk to the competent authority before taking legal action against the decision.

State Office for Geology and Mining Saxony-Anhalt (LAGB)

Applications can be made in writing and informally. Personal appearance is not necessary.

You can submit the application for recognition of your professional qualification as a Markscheiderin or Markscheider to the competent state authority. You must submit all necessary documents in the form of copies to the competent authority.

The competent authority then checks: Is your professional qualification with the professional qualification in Equivalent to your federal state? For example, the content of the training and the duration of the training are important for the comparison. The competent body shall also take into account your professional experience, other qualifications and qualifications.

The competent authority shall then examine the further requirements. If your professional qualification is equivalent and you meet all other requirements, your professional qualification will be recognised. You may then work in the federal state as a mine separator.

If the competent authority is unable to establish equivalence, you will receive a notification explaining the main differences. In order to compensate for significant differences, you can take an adaptation period or an aptitude test.

If you successfully complete the compensatory measure and meet the other requirements, you will receive recognition.

Ministry of Economic Affairs, Tourism, Agriculture and Forestry of Saxony-Anhalt

Federal Institute for Vocational Education and Training

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Landesamt für Geologie und Bergwesen Sachsen-Anhalt (LAGB)
An der Fliederwegkaserne 13
06130 Halle (Saale), Stadt
0345 13197-0
0345 13197-190