jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.

Enter words here that describe what you are looking for (e.B. cut a tree) or a matter for citizens and companies (e.B. house construction, marriage).
Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Show non-profit or commercial collection of waste from private households


Waste from private households is subject to mandatory transfer. This means that you must give the waste to the public waste management authorities.

You can collect waste from private households. However, you may only do so if the collection is commercial or non-profit. Before you collect waste, you must notify the competent authority in advance.

The competent authority may prohibit, limit or impose conditions on your collection.

You may not collect mixed waste from private households (for example, bulky waste).

You must return electrical waste (defective old electrical appliances) to the public waste disposal authority or to the dealers.

  • They may only collect the waste for commercial or non-profit purposes.
  • The collection may not conflict with an overriding public interest.
  • Application form
  • Information about the size and organization of your collection company.
  • Information about the type, extent and duration of the collection. In particular, about the maximum possible scope and minimum duration of the collection.
  • Information on the type, quantity and whereabouts of the waste to be recycled.
  • Description of the intended recycling routes.
  • information on the measures necessary to ensure the capacity of the recovery channels
  • a description of how you will ensure the proper and harmless recovery of the collected waste.

from 25,00 Euro to 3.000,00 Euro

At least 3 months before the start of the collection

If the competent authority does not allow the collection, it will send you a negative decision. In this case, you can file a complaint. How to do this is described in your notice.

  • You submit the completed application, signed and stamped. Enclose the listed information and evidence.
  • After you have submitted the notification, the competent authority will involve the public waste disposal authorities. The waste management authorities must issue a statement on your notification within 2 months.
  • At the same time, the competent body checks whether the proper and harmless recycling of the collected waste is guaranteed.
  • In the case of commercial collections, the competent body checks whether overriding public interests conflict with this collection.
  • You may carry out the waste as indicated after a waiting period of 3 months (from receipt of the complete notification). You will receive a confirmation letter from the competent authority.
  • The competent authority may restrict the collection, for example:
    • make it subject to conditions
    • set a time limit
    • impose conditions
    • prohibit
  • You and the public waste management authority will receive the result of your notification from the competent authority.
  • If you do not file the report or do not file it in time, you commit an administrative offense. The administrative offense can be punished with a fine.

§ 18 Paragraph 1 KrWG

Ministry of Science, Energy, Climate Protection and Environment

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

No authority found