jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.

Enter words here that describe what you are looking for (e.B. cut a tree) or a matter for citizens and companies (e.B. house construction, marriage).
Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Applying for training allowance


If you have a disability and participate in certain educational measures, you can apply for financial support from the Employment Agency to secure your livelihood. The amount of the training allowance depends on how high the requirement rate of the training allowance is and how high your income, that of your parents and that of your spouse or registered partner is. Income only plays a role during vocational training.

You will not be reimbursed for personal expenses, such as rent, clothing or food. The training allowance is based on general needs and is flat-rate.

The amount of the training allowance depends on

  • the action in which you participate, and
  • the type of accommodation, i.e. where you will be accommodated during the measure. This can be, for example, with your parents, in your own household, with the trainee or in a dormitory, in a boarding school or in a special institution for people with disabilities.

In the case of vocational training, you usually receive the training allowance for an approval period of 18 months. Depending on the training measure, your training allowance can also be granted for a shorter period or extended after the 18 months.

You will also receive training allowance for holiday periods if these are within the measure and the Employment Agency has recognised it as part of the measure.

If you interrupt your participation for health reasons, you will continue to receive the training allowance until the end of the third full calendar month following the onset of the illness, but no later than until the scheduled end of your measure. The date of illness is part of this three-month period.

For absences for reasons other than health, you are only entitled to training allowance if the Employment Agency recognises an important reason for interrupting your participation. Important reasons include, for example:

  • Marriage
  • Birth of a child
  • Change of residence
  • Attendance of a court hearing

The training allowance is paid monthly in arrears. If you are not entitled to training allowance for the full month, you will receive one-thirtieth of the monthly amount for each calendar day.

The training allowance is paid to you as a subsidy, you do not have to repay it.

You must apply for the training allowance in writing:

  • Make an appointment with your employment agency.
  • During the consultation, the different calculation bases and prerequisites that influence the amount of the training allowance are clarified.
  • Your advisor will also discuss with you the forms and supporting documents that you need to complete and submit. You can also fill out the documents online and upload the required supporting documents.
  • You will then receive a notification.


  • If your training lasts longer than 18 months, you will automatically receive a questionnaire from the Employment Agency in good time. Fill it out and return the questionnaire with the required documents to the Employment Agency so that you can continue to receive your training allowance. You can also complete this questionnaire online.

You can find the department of the Federal Employment Agency responsible for you via the service finder.

  • You have a disability and your responsible rehabilitation provider is the Federal Employment Agency.
  • You will participate in one of the following actions:
    • (initial) vocational training,
    • pre-vocational training, including basic training,
    • individual in-company training within the framework of supported employment,
    • Entry procedure or vocational training area in a workshop for disabled people or at another service provider.
  • You are not entitled to a transitional allowance.

When contacting your advisor, please ask which documents you need in detail.

The training allowance must be applied for before the training or measure begins.

Note: If you submit the application after your training or measure has begun, the training allowance will only be paid from the beginning of the month in which you submitted the application.

Objection to the Employment Agency that issued the decision. Further information on how to file an objection can be found in the respective notification.

Forms available: No
Written form required: Yes
Informal application possible: No
Personal appearance required: No
Online services available: Yes

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs (BMAS)

No authority found