jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.

Enter words here that describe what you are looking for (e.B. cut a tree) or a matter for citizens and companies (e.B. house construction, marriage).
Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Participate in a measure that prepares young people with disabilities for training.


The rehabilitation-specific pre-vocational training measure supports young people with disabilities who are quite suitable for a training place but are not (yet) able to meet the general requirements due to their disabilities. The aim is to prepare you for an apprenticeship and to help you find a suitable apprenticeship. This can also be specialist practitioner training for people with disabilities. If it becomes apparent during the measure that it is not possible to take up vocational training for reasons inherent in you, you can also be supported in the further course with the aim of taking up employment.

At the end of the training measure, you should have found answers to these questions: Where do my talents lie? What training should it be? What profession can I imagine?

Content includes, but is not limited to:

  • assistance with career orientation and career choice,
  • imparting knowledge and skills for access to training,
  • the opportunity to obtain the lower secondary school leaving certificate retrospectively,
  • internships in various occupational fields and companies,
  • Job application training,
  • Assistance in finding training and, if necessary, jobs.

You can take a rehabilitation-specific pre-vocational training measure at an educational institution or in a vocational rehabilitation institution that is geared to the special needs of young people with disabilities. Depending on the target group and equipment, the providers have their own training workshops, offices and companies with handicapped accessible workplace design and support you pedagogically and partly psychologically. Vocational rehabilitation facilities also offer accommodation and leisure facilities and are available for occupational health questions.

If the Employment Agency is your responsible rehabilitation provider, it will cover the costs.

You receive financial support in the form of transitional allowance or training allowance and you are covered by social insurance.

Whether you can participate in a rehabilitation-specific pre-vocational training measure depends, among other things, on:

  • whether the measure is suitable for you and your specific case to increase your chances of taking up vocational training,
  • what your personal inclinations are and how they can be useful in professional life,
  • which activities you would like to carry out and
  • how the training and labour market are currently developing.

The rehabilitation-specific BvB measure usually starts at the beginning of the training year in September and usually lasts up to 12 months. However, you can also join at another time. Under certain conditions, an extension of up to a total duration of 24 months is possible.

In order to receive rehabilitation-specific vocational preparation training measures, you must contact your employment agency:

  • Make an appointment with the Vocational Rehabilitation and Participation team of your Employment Agency.
  • If you do not yet have a personal contact person at the Employment Agency, make an appointment via the ServiceHotline of the Federal Employment Agency.
  • In the consultation, it will be clarified whether the rehabilitation-specific pre-vocational training measure is suitable for you.
  • If your advisor determines that a rehabilitation-specific vocational preparation training measure is suitable for you, you will be immediately marked for it.
  • Your advisor will also discuss with you the forms you need to fill out. You can also fill in the documents online.
  • You will receive a written notification as soon as a place is available.
  • The Employment Agency registers you with the educational institution or the vocational rehabilitation institution.
  • They are no longer required to attend school.
  • You have
    • a school leaving certificate and are looking for an apprenticeship or
    • do not have a school leaving certificate and would like to catch up on a lower secondary school leaving certificate or equivalent school leaving certificate or
    • Lost your training place and would like to reorient yourself professionally.
  • You have a disability and your rehabilitation provider is the Federal Employment Agency.
  • Your chances of participating in working life are significantly diminished not only temporarily due to the nature or severity of your disability.
    • Or: You are threatened with a disability with the same professional consequences.
  • Due to the nature and severity of your disabilities, the general statutory benefits are not sufficient to promote your participation in working life.
  • They are prepared to receive vocational training or to be professionally integrated in some other way.
  • You can be expected to achieve the objective of the measure.
  • First of all, you need your last school report and, if necessary, internship reports.
  • If you have not completed a school leaving certificate but have completed compulsory schooling, you will need this proof.
  • When contacting your advisor, please ask what other documents you need.

Processing usually takes several weeks. After approval of the service, the measure should begin as soon as possible in coordination with the provider.

Objection to the Employment Agency that issued the decision. Further information on how to file an objection can be found in the respective notification.

Forms available: No
Written form required: No
Informal application possible: No
Personal appearance required: Yes
Online services available: Yes

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs (BMAS)

No authority found