jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.


In the second step, you choose which information you really need.

Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Broadcasting contribution - apply for exemption


If you receive state social benefits, you can be exempted from the broadcasting fee. The same applies to deaf-blind people and recipients of help for the blind.

You must apply in writing to the competent authority for exemption from the broadcasting contribution. To do this, use the required form.
You get it

  • in cities,
  • in the case of municipalities,
  • with the competent authorities and
  • on the Internet.

You can fill out the Internet form online. Print it at the end of the input process and sign it. Enbody the necessary evidence and send your documents by post to the appropriate body.

ARD ZDF Deutschlandradio Contribution Service

50656 Cologne

Service phone to the contribution account:
018 59995 0100*

Service telephone for the broadcast contribution:
018 59995 0888*

Service fax: 018 59995 0105*

Service phone times:
Mon-Fri 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.

* 6.5 cents/min from German landlines, different prices for mobile phones.

  • They receive state social benefits, such as:
    • Unemployment benefit II
    • Welfare
    • Bafög
    • Basic security
  • or you are deaf blind
  • or receive help for the blind.


You can apply for an exemption from the broadcasting fee as a special hardship case if you do not receive social benefits because your income exceeds the respective demand limit by less than EUR 17.50.
If you are exempt from the obligation to pay contributions, the exemption within the apartment also extends to your wife or husband. The same applies to your registered life partner.

  • when receiving social benefits
    • Proof of receipt of one of the above-mentioned social benefits in the original (authorisation notice or certificate of the social security institution)
  • in case of deaf blindness:
    • current medical certificate of deaf blindness in the original or
    • Severely disabled persons' card with the mark "Bl" and "Gl" or
    • Certificate of the Care Office on the degree of hearing and visual impairment
  • when receiving help for the blind
    • current approval notice or certificate of the authority on the receipt of benefits in accordance with Section 72 Twelfth Book social code (SGB XII) or section 27d federal supply law (BVG)
  • in case of hardship
    • the rejection decision of the social security provider in the event of a minor overshoot of the income limit as a special case of hardship
  • If necessary, further evidence

If you send the original notice of approval, please mark it with the word "original". Otherwise, you may not receive it back because all incoming mail will be destroyed after digital archiving.
You will not receive the certificate from the authority or service provider. You do not have to mark the original badge for the severely disabled. You will receive it back unsolicited.

Application procedure and examination: none

You must submit the application for exemption within two months of the approval notice being issued.

You will receive the exemption from the first of the month indicated in the authorisation notice as the start of performance.

The exemption shall be granted at the earliest at the beginning of the month following the application.

As of 1 January 2013, the broadcasting contribution replaced the broadcasting fee.

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

editorial revision by BW/GK LeiKa on 17.02.2014

No authority found