jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.


In the second step, you choose which information you really need.

Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Apply for housing benefit


If your income is not enough to pay for your housing costs, you may be eligible for housing benefit.

You will receive housing benefit as a rent subsidy if you are a tenant of an apartment.

If you are the owner of owner of owner-occupied housing, you will receive housing benefit as a burden subsidy.

You can also be entitled to housing benefit as a tenant of a room in a shared flat or as a resident.

Your entitlement depends, among other things, on the amount of your rent, your income and the number of your household members.

The Housing Benefit Act provides for maximum amounts for rent or encumbrance set by federal law. The maximum amounts vary from region to region.

If you are a recipient of so-called transfer payments in which the accommodation costs are already taken into account, such as unemployment benefit II or basic security in old age, you are not entitled to housing benefit.

Applications for housing benefit can be submitted to the housing benefit authorities.

The granting of housing benefit depends on several conditions, including:

  • the number of persons counting in the household,
  • the amount of total income,
  • the amount of the eligible rent or charge.
  • Application form
  • Income certificate
  • Lease

You will find out which documents are also necessary in your case when submitting your application.

No costs will be charged.

Housing benefit is usually granted for 12 months from the month in which you applied for housing benefit. After that, a new application is required. You should provide this in good time so that housing benefit payments are not interrupted.

The processing time is usually 4 to 6 weeks.

Applications and forms can be obtained directly from the housing benefit authorities or online on the websites of the housing benefit authorities or the Ministry of Regional Development and Transport. The housing benefit authority responsible for you will inform you which forms are relevant for you.

As soon as something changes in your rent or income, you should immediately indicate this to your housing benefit office.

From 2022, a dynamization of the housing benefit is planned. From then on, the housing allowance will be regularly adjusted every two years to reflect the development of rent and income.

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Ministry of Regional Development and Transport of the State of Saxony-Anhalt

No authority found