jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.


In the second step, you choose which information you really need.

Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Export license plate


You want to transfer your vehicle abroad for permanent residence?

For this you need an international approval with an export license plate.
You will receive this export licence for a maximum of one year.

Note: If you have received an export license plate, you are taxable for its validity period (at least one month). If you do not have a domestic bank account, check with your registration authority about the procedure for paying vehicle tax.

You or your representative must apply for the assignment of an export mark to the competent licensing authority. Depending on the offer of your licensing authority, a form is available for download or an online service via the Internet.

The registration authority may require you to present the vehicle.

If the vehicle was previously registered, the registration authority unstamps the previous license plates. You will then receive the export license plate for the duration of the liability insurance, for a maximum of one year.

Tip: The license plates are available from private providers. These can usually be found near the approval authority.

The competent licensing authority for your place of residence. The responsibility depends on the place of residence of the vehicle owner, whereby the main residence according to the identity card is decisive.

In the case of legal persons, it is the registered office of the principal establishment or the registered office of the branch.

Requirements for the registration of the vehicle are:

  • You must not have any arrears of fees and expenses from previous registration procedures.In the case of payment arrears of more than 30 euros, the registration authority may not register your vehicle until you have paid them. For less than 30 euros, the registration authority can decide whether or not to allow the vehicle anyway.
  • You must not have car tax debts of five euros or more. When calculating the amount, late payment surcharges, interest and late payment surcharges are also taken into account.
  • If someone is to represent you at the registration of your vehicle, you must grant this person a written power of attorney. This must also include a declaration of consent that the licensing authority may inform the authorised person about arrears of fees and expenses. Your representative must present the power of attorney and identify themselves.
  • The vehicle must have a valid proof of the main inspection (HU). If the due date of the main inspection is before the expiry of the export approval, you must submit the inspection report to an officially recognized inspection organization about the new main inspection.
  • valid identity card or passport
  • for representation: additional
    • written power of attorney
    • Declaration of consent that the vehicle tax situation or arrears of fees may be disclosed.
    • valid identity card or passport of the authorised person
  • in the case of minors: additional declaration of consent and identification documents of the legal guardians
  • for legal entities/companies:
    • Excerpt from the commercial register or
    • Business registration or
    • Extract from the register of associations
  • Declaration on the collection of motor vehicle tax (SEPA direct debit mandate)
  • Registration certificate Part I (formerly vehicle registration document)
  • Registration certificate Part II (formerly vehicle registration document, if applicable a confirmation of deregistration issued before 1 October 2005)
  • Insurance confirmation for export vehicles
  • Proof of a valid general inspection (HU) if the vehicle is older than three years or was previously registered as a rental vehicle, taxi or similar for the entire term of the export approval. By the last HU report or according to the entry in the registration certificate Part 1.
  • for registered vehicles: additional license plates

Note: Severely disabled people with the mark "H", "BI" or "aG" in their severely disabled person's card are still exempt from motor vehicle tax. You do not have to issue a direct debit authorization.

Note: You will receive the insurance confirmation of the motor vehicle liability insurance from the insurance company of your choice. Usually you can request them by phone. The insurance company is automatically notified.

Fees according to administrative expenses: from EUR 31.40

Note: There are additional costs for the license plates.

Since February 2014, the Federal Customs Administration has been responsible for the taxation of motor vehicles.Information and forms on the subject of "motor vehicle tax" can be found on the website of the Customs Administration.

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Baden-Württemberg Ministry of Transport

No authority found