jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.


In the second step, you choose which information you really need.

Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Apply for monument funding


If you - or your tenant - intend to carry out renovations to your monument, or if the monument has to be removed for compelling reasons, please contact the monument protection authority responsible for you in good time. They will tell you what steps are needed to get the necessary approval. This usually saves you not only time and money, but also unnecessary hassle; because in early discussions with the competent authorities, it is usually possible to find a sensible solution, weighing up all interests.

If the measure you intend to take requires a building permit, the monument law examination is also carried out in the context of the building permit procedure.

The application for approval must be submitted in writing to the competent monument protection authority. As a rule, the lower monument protection authorities of the district-free cities and counties are responsible for the protection of monuments.

Only if the demolition of a monument is unavoidable, a separate application for approval must be submitted to the competent Upper Monument Protection Authority, the Land Administration Office/Department for the Protection of Monuments before submitting a building application. On request, the latter also grants for the preservation of cultural monuments.

Link to the Upper Monument Protection Authority at the State Administration Office with further information and forms

Please clarify which documents you must attach to the application in an interview with the responsible monument protection authority.

Cultural monuments within the meaning of the Monument Protection Act are:

  • Architectural monuments,
  • Monument areas,
  • archaeological cultural monuments,
  • archaeological monuments,
  • movable cultural monuments
  • Small monuments.

When preserving and repairing your monument, you can receive financial support through tax breaks and public subsidies.

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

No authority found