jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.


In the second step, you choose which information you really need.

Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Allow commercial dog husbandry


If you want to keep dogs commercially, you need permission from the competent authority.

Permission may be granted, where necessary for the protection of the animals, subject to time limits, conditions and conditions.

The responsibility lies with the veterinary office of the district or the district-free city.

The person responsible for the activity must:

  • possess the technical knowledge and skills necessary for the activity on the basis of their training or their previous professional or other treatment of animals. Proof of this must be provided in a technical interview with the competent authority upon request.
  • the required reliability.

The premises and facilities used for the activity must comply with a

  • Diet
  • Care and
  • Accommodation

of the animals.

  • Application with information on
    • the nature of the animals concerned,
    • the person responsible for the activity,
    • rooms and facilities.
  • Proof of the personal expertise of the person responsible.

The necessary expertise also includes those who have demonstrably kept a dog or cared for a legal person for a period of at least two years within the last ten years prior to the start of dog keeping or caring for a legal person.
In this context, a legal person is the keeper of the animal.

There are no deadlines to be observed. However, the activity may only be started if there is a valid permit.

General appeal

General appeal

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

No authority found