jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.


In the second step, you choose which information you really need.

Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Apply for a right to practice crafts


Persons who already practice a craft subject to authorisation and wish to extend their commercial activity to another craft subject to authorisation or essential activities of such a craft have the option of applying for authorisation. In this respect, proof of the knowledge and skills required for this is required, taking into account previous professional experience and activities. It is irrelevant on what basis the existing entry in the register of craftsmen was made (e.g. master craftsman's certificate, old journeyman's regulation, exemption permit). The respective farmer is entitled to apply.

You can apply for an exercise right if you

  • are already registered in the register of craftsmen with a craft subject to approval.
  • You want to work in another craft subject to approval.
  • you can prove your practical and theoretical knowledge and skills in the applied craft.

The reference for the theoretical knowledge and skills to be proven is the master craftsman's examination.

If you do not have any evidence or if it is not sufficient, you can also apply for an exercise authorization. In this case, you must then prove your knowledge by means of a competence test.

The following requirements must be met:

  • A craft subject to approval is already practiced on the basis of an existing entry in the register of craftsmen.
  • proof of the required knowledge and skills, taking into account previous professional experience and activities; as evidence, for example, appraisals by experts, job references or further training can be considered.
  • The standard of the certificate of competence is the masterly qualification for the craft subject to approval for which the right to practice is sought.
  • Application for the granting of a right to exercise
  • Proof of Identification
  • Proof of practical and theoretical knowledge in the craft subject to approval for which you want to be entered in the register of craftsmen. These include:
  • References,
  • Continuing education certificates,
  • Certificates of passed parts of the master craftsman's examination
  • Confirmation of regular attendance at preparatory courses.

The specific fee can be found in the schedule of fees of the Chamber of Crafts, which can be accessed on the Chamber's website.

You can only practice the other craft subject to approval once it is entered in the register of craftsmen. A right to exercise must therefore be made at an appropriate stage.

Chamber of Crafts (HWK), in whose district your future permanent establishment is located.

Online application:

  • Go to the website of your local Chamber of Crafts or to the service portal of your federal state and select the right online service.
  • The online service guides you step by step through the application.
  • You can submit the required documents digitally.

Written application:

  • Go to the website of your local Chamber of Crafts.
  • Download the application forms for granting an exercise authorization.
  • Fill out the forms completely and send them to your local Chamber of Crafts together with the required proof of your knowledge.
  • Your application and the supporting documents will be checked by the Chamber of Crafts. If the evidence is not sufficient, you may have to take a proficiency test.
  • After checking your documents, you will receive a right to exercise and a notification of registration if the requirements are met.

The Senator for Economics, Labour and Europe of the Free Hanseatic City of Bremen

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

No authority found