jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.


In the second step, you choose which information you really need.

Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Applying for permission to provide temporary employment


Temporary employment is also referred to as temporary or temporary work. To obtain permission for this, you must submit an application to the responsible employment agency.

The permit is granted by the Employment Agency for a limited period of one year. It can be granted indefinitely if you have been allowed to work for three consecutive years.

In the case of temporary employment, you must ensure, among other things, that:

  • the principle of equality and collective agreements are correctly applied,
  • the maximum period of leasing is complied with,
  • temporary agency workers are correctly classified according to the activity actually carried out,
  • the minimum wages and reimbursement of expenses are paid and the provisions of the Part-Time and Fixed-Term Employment Act are complied with,
  • Remuneration and compensation benefits as well as holidays or holiday compensation are correctly granted (even during periods of non-use),
  • Payroll tax and contributions to all branches of social security are paid correctly.

The Employment Agency uses tax audits to check whether you comply with the regulations.

If you want to lend employees to a third party, you generally need permission to do so.

You can apply in writing for a permit to take out temporary workers at the Employment Agency:

  • Download the form "Application for permission to provide temporary employment (AÜG 2a)" from the website of the Employment Agency.
  • Fill out the form.
  • Print out the form and add the necessary proofs.
  • Submit the application documents to the responsible employment agency. You can find out which employment agency is responsible for you in the application form. There you will also find the postal addresses of the competent departments to which you must send the form.
  • You will first be asked by post to pay the applicable fee.
  • You will then receive the desired permission or a rejection of your application by post.

Depending on the registered office of your company, the employment agency in Düsseldorf, Kiel or Nuremberg is responsible for you. You can find out which department is responsible for your federal state or state in the application for permission to provide temporary employment (AÜG 2a). There you will also find telephone numbers and e-mail addresses to the services.

  • Reliability under commercial law: You are expected to be able to operate your business properly.
  • In your case, there are no reasons against a permit, for example because of relevant criminal records, violations of social security law regulations or labour law obligations.
  • You are based in Germany or in another country of the European Union or the European Economic Area.
  • Copy of the current extract from the commercial register
  • Copy of the articles of association
  • Copy of the business registration
  • Indication of the status of construction company (AÜG 2c)
  • Proof of application for a certificate of good conduct (document type 0)
  • Information from the Central Trade Register (GZR 3/GZR4)
  • Certificate from the employers' liability insurance association
  • Certificate from the health insurance company
  • Statements of all business accounts (credit certificate)
  • Model of an employment contract for temporary agency workers
  • Model of a temporary employment contract

For further information on the required documents, please refer to the application for permission to provide temporary employment (AÜG 2a).

  • Fee for granting or renewing a temporary permit: EUR 1,300.00

  • Fee for granting a perpetual permit: EUR 2,500.00

  • There is no deadline for the initial application. It is recommended to submit the initial application at least 3 months before the planned start of activity.

  • You must submit the application for renewal of a permit at least three months before the expiry of the permit.

Note: The activity may only be carried out if the permit has been granted.

maximum three months

Forms: yes

Online procedure possible: no

Written form required: yes

Personal appearance required: no

Application for permission to provide temporary employment (AÜG 2a)

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs

No authority found