jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.


In the second step, you choose which information you really need.

Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Apply for company number according to DEÜV


As soon as you employ the first person subject to compulsory insurance, you must apply for a company number for the employment company in which the person works.

The company number is usually assigned by the Federal Employment Agency on electronic application. A customer data record is created for you in which your company master data is registered. Based on the company number, the social security institutions can then assign the reports to the health, pension and unemployment insurance to your employment company.

One or more company numbers?

  • As an employer of a company with only one location, you only need one company number.
  • You will need several company numbers if you have branches in several municipalities.
  • You will also need several farm numbers if you are the common owner of several farms in the same common area, each of which forms independent economic units.

Registered office abroad

If you are an employer based abroad, you may need a company number – if you have to register workers employed in Germany with the German social security system. These can be, for example, sales staff or customer service representatives in the home office.

Special rules for private households, miners' enterprises and maritime enterprises

  • You want to employ someone in your private household to a small extent (mini-job): Please contact the mini-job centre of the German pension insurance Knappschaft-Bahn-See.
  • You are a miner's business (extraction of minerals, for example coal), employ employees in a miner's business or employ workers who carry out miners' work on shafts or are used for renovation work in opencast mining: Please contact the German Pension Insurance Knappschaft-Bahn-See.
  • You are a maritime company (including coastal fishermen and coastal skippers): Please contact the German Pension Insurance Knappschaft-Bahn-See.

Please apply for your company number electronically. You can submit the application yourself or commission someone from a third party, for example a tax consultant.

  • Access the online application on the website of the Federal Employment Agency.
  • Answer the initial questions in the drop-down boxes and follow the online form through the rest of the application process.
  • In most cases, the company number is assigned and displayed immediately.
  • In addition, the employer receives a postal confirmation of the company number and the stored master data.

Note: If there are changes in the master data or the company closes, you must immediately report this electronically to the Federal Employment Agency. As a rule, your payroll software automatically triggers a relevant report to the Federal Employment Agency as soon as you enter the corresponding changes in the master data there.

For the first time, you are hiring an employee subject to compulsory insurance or an employee subject to compulsory insurance in the relevant employment company.

You must provide the following minimum information:

  • the designation used by the employed company in legal transactions, including any additions to legal forms that may exist,
  • Sole proprietorship / partnership under civil law: the first and last name of the owner or the shareholders,
  • sole proprietorship not entered in the commercial register: first and last name of the employer,
  • Private household: first and last name of the head of household,
  • the employment address, i.e. the current address of the employment establishment under which the employees actually work,
  • if necessary, a different address to be used for postal delivery,
  • additional communication channels such as telephone number, fax or e-mail address,
  • the economic focus of the employment company,
  • Contact person (name, function, telephone number) for queries about the reporting procedure - this can also be contact data of a commissioned service provider, for example a tax consultancy,
  • if another employment company within the company registers the employees for social security: the name, address and company number of this office.

As a rule, however, the company number service of the Federal Employment Agency does not require any written evidence to process your application.

In most cases, the company number will be displayed immediately when applying electronically.

Forms available: No
Written form required: No
Informal application possible: No
Personal appearance necessary: No
Online services available: Yes

In the social security declarations, please always use the company number of the employment company in which the worker concerned actually works. If there are changes to the company master data provided at the time of application, please send the correct information to the Federal Employment Agency immediately by electronic means. Incorrect use of operating numbers or late/omitted notification of changes may constitute an administrative offence.

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs (BMAS)

No authority found