jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.


In the second step, you choose which information you really need.

Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Apply for education and participation for children, adolescents and young adults


The aim of the education package is not to deprive children from financially weak families of the necessary education and participation opportunities. As an eligible person or as a parent, you have the opportunity to apply for financial support from the state for this purpose. Funding covers the following areas:
Up to the age of 18:

· Participation in social and cultural life, e.g. in a sports club or music school, is supported with up to EUR 15.00 per month.

Up to the age of 25:

  • The equipment with personal school supplies is funded with EUR 150 annually (EUR 100.00 for the 1st, EUR 50.00 for the 2nd half of the school year).
  • Costs are borne for supplementary appropriate learning support to the extent necessary to achieve the learning objectives defined in accordance with school law provisions.
  • Reimbursement of costs for a communal school or kindergarten lunch
  • For one-day excursions from schools, day-care centres and day-care centres, the costs will be reimbursed in the actual amount.
  • For multi-day excursions from day-care centers and in day care as well as for school trips within the framework of school regulations, the costs are covered in the actual amount.
  • The necessary actual expenses for transport to the nearest school of the selected course of education (student monthly tickets) are covered (own contribution, insofar as the ticket can also be used outside the pupil transport).
  • You submit the application for education and participation benefits to your local competent authority (e.g. social welfare office or job centre) or via the online portal.
  • You submit the required evidence.
  • The competent authority will examine your application and calculate your needs.
  • The competent authority will decide on your application and inform you of the result. To this end, you will receive a corresponding notification from your competent authority.
  • If your application has been approved, you will receive a notice of approval, it will be rejected, a rejection notice.
  • In both cases, the decision shall contain the reasons for the decision. It also contains information on the possibility of appealing against the decision. For this purpose, an indication of the deadline within which you can file an objection is included.
  • If your application has been approved, the costs will be covered by personalized vouchers, direct payments to the provider or cash benefits, depending on the individual case.

You can submit the application to the social welfare office or job centre.

Children and young people up to the age of 25 who cannot cover their educational and participation needs from their own income and assets or their own income and assets of the family and who are therefore entitled to

  • basic social security benefits for jobseekers or
  • Welfare
  • Benefits under the Asylum Seekers Benefits Act

or their families

  • Child supplement or
  • Housing subsidy


Age limit for participation in culture, sport and leisure: 18 years.

  • where applicable, indication of the child benefit number
  • Proof of need, e.g. by notification of:
    • Child supplement
    • Housing subsidy
    • Benefits under the Asylum Seekers Benefits Act
  • if applicable, invoices, receipts and other evidence
  • if necessary, certificates from the school

The competent authority will inform you of any other documents that may be required.

The following applies to benefits under the Federal Child Benefit Act:

You can submit the application retroactively for a maximum of 1 year.

The following applies to benefits under the 2nd Social Code (SGB II):

The benefit will only be granted from the month in which you submit the application.

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs (BMAS)

No authority found