jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.


In the second step, you choose which information you really need.

Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Apply for higher housing benefit


You can submit a new application for higher housing benefit as a subsidy to your housing costs in the current housing benefit if

  • your total income has decreased,

  • the number of household members to be taken into account has increased, or

  • your rent or burden on residential property has increased.

These changes can, but do not necessarily have to, lead to an increase in housing benefit.

You must submit the application for an increased housing benefit to your local housing benefit authority. The conditions for this claim are examined.

The increase in the housing allowance takes place from the time of application. A retroactive increase in the housing benefit is usually not possible.

You will only receive a higher housing allowance on an application for an increase.

Prerequisites for an increase in the housing benefit are:

  • a reduction in income of more than 15 %,

  • increasing the number of members of the household;

  • the increase in rent or burden on residential property by more than 15%.

These changes can, but do not have to, lead to an increase in housing benefit.

Please ask your local housing benefit authority for details.

You must attach the following documents to your application for housing benefit:

  • Proof of income (salary certificate, pension notice, etc.),

Rental agreement or documents about the cost of the residential property you use, if you are its owner.

If your financial situation or your living conditions have improved or changed, there may also be a reduction in housing benefit. You are therefore obliged to notify the Housing Benefit Authority without delay of any changes that may lead to a reduction in the housing benefit.

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

No authority found