jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.


In the second step, you choose which information you really need.

Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Apply for re-registration of motor vehicles


Once you have logged out of your vehicle, you can log it back in at any time. Upon re-registration, the motor vehicle will be re-registered to you. If you have moved or purchased a registered used vehicle, the vehicle owner data will be updated at the time of re-registration.

Catch up with due vehicle inspections

If, in the period between the deregistration and the requested re-registration of the vehicle, a main inspection, exhaust gas test or safety test was due, it must be carried out before the vehicle is re-registered.

Expert opinions required after long decommissioning

If the vehicle and holder data in the Central Vehicle Register have already been deleted (seven years after the deregistration) and the data are no longer verifiable, an expert opinion from an officially recognised expert is required.

New license plate may be required

If no reservation of the number plate has been made at the time of deregistration or if the registration is made to another holder, a new number plate must be requested.

Re-authorisation via the Internet

You can also apply for re-registration via the website of the competent registration authority if you were the last owner of the vehicle at the time of deregistration and the same registration authority is still responsible for you.

The prerequisites for this are also

  • an identity card with an electronic proof of identity function,
  • a new registration certificate Part I (vehicle registration certificate),
  • a number plate reservation (for a maximum of one year) during the deregistration (decommissioning).


The new Part I registration certificate (the vehicle registration certificate) has a concealed but freely available safety code, which can be identified by a silver sticker.

For re-authorisation, the licensing authorities charge fees on the basis of the charging system for road traffic measures.

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Federal Ministry of Transport and Digital Infrastructure, Unit LA23

No authority found