jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.


In the second step, you choose which information you really need.

Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Apply for a replacement of the registration certificate Part I or Part II


If you lose your Part I or Part II registration certificate or if you are stolen from you, you must report this immediately to your local licensing authority.

There you must also apply for a new registration certificate Part I or II. In some cases, the registration authority requires that you additionally make an affidavit about the loss of the vehicle document.

Note: If you find the lost registration document after the replacement document has been issued, you must submit the old document to the licensing authority as soon as possible.

In the event of loss or theft of your registration documents, you must apply for a replacement.

You must apply in writing or in person to your local licensing authority for the issuance of a new Registration Certificate Part I or II.

  • Find out more at your local licensing authority,
    • whether a form is available for download,
    • which documents you need for the procedure,
    • whether you can submit the application in person or in writing by e-mail or post,
    • whether you should show up on site for personal application with or without an appointment and whether you need to pick up your new papers in person or receive them by post to your home.
  • As a rule, you must appear in person for the application. To do this, go to your competent licensing authority with the completed form and the required documents.
  • In case of loss of the registration certificate Part II:
    • The loss is reported to the Federal Motor Transport Authority by the licensing authority and published in the traffic bulletin.
    • Only after the loss has been announced in the traffic sheet with a deadline for the presentation of the registration certificate Part II, you can pick up the new registration documents or receive them by post.
  • The licensing authority can provide you with information about the expected processing time.

Loss of vehicle document

  • valid identity card or passport
  • in the case of commercial vehicles: additional evidence
  • in case of loss: loss declaration or affidavit
  • in case of theft: confirmation of the theft notice by the police
  • If applicable, existing registration certificate Part I or Part II (previously: vehicle registration certificate or vehicle letter)
  • If you are to replace the Part I registration certificate, you will also need:
    • Test report on a valid main examination according to the Road Traffic Authorisation Regulations (StVZO)
  • In addition to representation:
    • written power of attorney
    • valid identity card or passport of the authorised person
  • In addition to minors:
    • Declaration of consent and identification documents of the guardians

Please check with your competent licensing authority whether further documentation is required or if some of the listed documents are not required.

Notes: The admissions authority may require an affidavit as to the whereabouts of the registration document. Many regulatory authorities offer a form for the affidavit for download. If the Part II registration certificate is deposited with a financial institution, check with the licensing authority for the procedure.

Registration certificate Part 2: EUR 10.20
Registration certificate Part I: EUR 11.10
Depending on the local competent licensing authority, additional costs may apply.

Depending on the volume in your competent licensing authority: Please inquire on site.

Forms: you will receive from your local licensing authority

Online procedure possible: no

Written form required: yes

Personal appearance required: different depending on the local competent licensing authority

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Federal Ministry of Transport and Digital Infrastructure

No authority found