jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.


In the second step, you choose which information you really need.

Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Apply for educational support


With the Bildungsförderung (BAföG) you can complete a school or university education regardless of your economic situation.

If you complete a school education, you will receive the so-called Student BAföG. When you study, you receive the so-called Student BAföG.

You receive educational support for your livelihood and for your rent. You will receive a maximum of the fixed statutory lump sums.

The amount of funding depends on your income and assets. The income of your parents and spouse is also taken into account.

An exception is the parent-independent BAföG. Whether you are entitled to it depends on your type of education and your CV.

Half of the student BAföG is granted as a loan. If you receive the student BAföG, you have to repay half of it.

The Offices for Educational Support provide you with comprehensive advice on educational support.

In the case of a school education , please contact the Office for Educational Support of your district or district-free city.

If you are studying , please contact the Office for Educational Support of the Studenten-/Studierendenwerke or your university itself.

General requirements:

  • German citizenship,
  • or European citizenship with permission for permanent residence,
  • or other foreigners or children of foreigners with permanent residence permits
  • In the case of a Bachelor's degree, you have not yet reached the age of 30
  • In the case of a Master's programme, you have not yet reached the age of 35
  • You do not have enough income or assets to make a living during your training or studies
  • It is your 1st eligible training or
  • It is your 2nd eligible training, which builds on the 1st training and is technically advanced

Depending on the type of training, further requirements may be necessary.

  • Application (Form 01)
  • Curriculum vitae
  • Proof of your income and assets
  • in the case of parent-dependent support: Form 03 and proof of the income of your parents and spouses
  • If applicable, proof of your tenancy
  • If applicable, proof of health and long-term care insurance

You should submit the application at the latest in the month before the start of your training or studies. where your training begins.

4 to 8 weeks.

You can apply for educational support online.

Whether your training is Eligible for BAföG and your training institution is recognized depends on the respective openly accessible "training facility directories" of the federal state where you will complete your training or studies.

Please note that you cannot apply for BAföG for in-company training, but can have your entitlement to vocational training allowance (BAB) checked by the Federal Employment Agency.

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Ministry of Economic Affairs, Science and Digitalization of the State of Saxony-Anhalt

No authority found