jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.


In the second step, you choose which information you really need.

Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Request a deferral from school attendance


Children are generally enrolled if they celebrate their 6th birthday in the period from 01/07 of the previous year to the 30th of The Year of Enrolment. In justified individual cases, compulsory schooling may be postponed once for one year.

Do you think that your child cannot successfully attend school and would like to enrol later? Read here what options you have.

You can submit an application for a postponement of compulsory schooling via primary school to the State School Board.

  • The reasonfore must be justified (with appropriate documents).
  • The primary school will then have a consultation with you on the funding possibilities.
  • It shall give its opinion on the application and send this opinion to the National School Board with the minutes of the consultation.
  • After evaluating the possible funding for a successful start to learning, the State School Board decides on the postponement.
  • You will receive a decision with the decision of the National School Board.

The primary school is informed by the State School Board.

Please contact the primary school where you live.

  • Your child has reached the age of 6 by 30 June of the following school year and is required to attend school
  • Your child is not sufficiently developed physically, mentally, emotionally, or in his or her social behavior to attend class with the prospect of success.
  • informal, written application
  • Presentation of the birth certificate
  • if necessary, other documents such as a medical certificate from the district office or the city administration on the school's ability to school

It is recommended to submit the application at the time of school enrolment.

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Ministry of Education Saxony-Anhalt

No authority found