jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.


In the second step, you choose which information you really need.

Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Educational support - Report changes to personal data


You can apply for and receive your educational support (BAföG) from the Office for Educational Support responsible for you. However, the Federal Office of Administration (BVA) is responsible for repaying the BAföG loan portion after graduation.

The Offices for Educational Support only transmit your data once to the BVA. There, an electronic file is created and your loan account is set up at the Bundeskasse Halle.

You must notify the BVA of any changes to your name or address yourself. This can be done in writing or digitally via BAföG-Online via "Change Notification".

If you fail to do so, you will have to pay a lump sum of 25 euros for the effort of determining the address.

You can submit name changes or your new address conveniently and easily via the online portal. You have the option of either registering with your e-mail address and then registering via e-mail and password or logging in via your identity card with activated online ID function (eiD).
When registering with e-mail, a change form is available to you, when registering with  eID, you can immediately update the data currently stored  in the BVA yourself.

You can send any applications and other communications online and upload documents during the entire repayment process using both registration options.
The registration with the identity card offers you additional services such as a daily updated  account and file inspection. The full scope of the services for registration with identity card and eID can be found on the homepage of the BVA.

Contact the BVA at the postal address or visit the homepage of the BVA.

  • You have received BAföG,
  • Or receive BAföG
  • There are changes in the following personal circumstances
  • Name
  • Address
  • Notification (also possible informally)

You must notify the change immediately.

A notification to the Office for Educational Support formerly responsible for you does not replace the notification to the BVA.

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Ministry of Economic Affairs, Science and Digitalization of the State of Saxony-Anhalt

No authority found