jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.


In the second step, you choose which information you really need.

Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Apply for reimbursement of the lost work when working for the Federal Agency for Technical Relief


If one of your employees is involved with the Federal Agency for Technical Relief, you can apply for reimbursement of wage costs in the event of an assignment.

Volunteering at THW should be as compatible as possible with professional activity. Assignments happen not only after work or during holiday periods, but also during working hours. If you employ employees who work voluntarily as THW employees, you should clarify with your employees in advance how and when assignments are possible.

If a volunteer is called into action during working hours, then you as an employer can be reimbursed for the loss of the workforce. For this purpose, you must submit an application to the responsible THW local association or the THW regional office.

At the same time, the helpers receive their salary as usual. This applies to arranged assignments, exercises, courses and other training events. THW also compensates the self-employed. Helpers who receive benefits from the Federal Employment Agency, social assistance or other remuneration from public funds continue to receive their benefits as normal. Public employers are not reimbursed for the loss.


As an employer, you can be reimbursed for the loss if:

  • you work in the private sector and are not a public employer,
  • You are self-employed.
  • Application for reimbursement of costs
  • Trade license (self-employed)
  • Proof of salary/income and regular working hours (with payslips or, in the case of the self-employed, by writing from tax offices or annual statements)

Loss of earnings or continued benefits can be billed up to 3 years (according to BGB) after the end of the assignment.

  • Forms: Application for reimbursement. You will receive forms automatically after the end of the assignment.
  • Online procedure possible: no
  • Written form required: yes
  • Personal appearance required: no

The contact person for applications for reimbursement of costs is your respective THW local association or the office responsible for the local association (addresses available via www.thw.de).

Federal Agency for Technical Relief

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

No authority found