jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.


In the second step, you choose which information you really need.

Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Apply for an identity card for name change


If your name has changed, the ID card (due to incorrect name) is invalid and you must apply for a new one.

Exception: There is a valid passport with the new name.

Your name has changed? Then you need to apply for a new ID card.

You can apply for your identity card at the Citizen's Office.

Speak at the Civic Office.

Present your current ID and proof of name change.

Contact the civic office of your municipality or city.

Germans within the meaning of Art. 116 sec. 1 Of the Basic Law (GG)

  • Evidence of the name change (decision or judgment)
  • current civil status certificate (e.g. birth certificate in the original)
  • in the case of children under 16 years of age, the consent (declaration) of the legal guardians
  • in the case of only one legal guardian, the proof of custody
  • a passport photo suitable for biometry (after the photo sample board)
  • for applicants aged 24 and over: EUR 37.00
  • for applicants under 24 years of age: EUR 22.80
  • for the provisional identity card: EUR 10.00
  • Surcharge (off-duty, non-competent authority): EUR 13.00
  • Surcharge for exhibition by consular or diplomatic representation abroad: EUR 30,00
  • Fee reduction or exemption possible for the needy (at the discretion of the identity card authority)

You must apply for a new ID as soon as possible.

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

No authority found