jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.


In the second step, you choose which information you really need.

Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Apply for equivalence of certificates from late emigrants to BVFG


As a late emigrant, you are entitled to a recognition procedure for your educational qualifications. It checks whether your financial statements are comparable to a German degree.

They can have both school, university and vocational qualifications recognised.

You can compare your vocational qualification with any profession that exists or no longer exists in Germany.

Your professional experience is usually not taken into account.

You are a late emigrant and would like to have your professional qualification recognised? Find out more here.           

To have your degree obtained abroad reviewed, you must submit an application. You will address this to the responsible body. The body responsible for you depends on the following factors:

  • your foreign degree,
  • your place of residence or work,

The competent body compares your degree acquired abroad with the German reference financial statements. If no significant differences are found in this comparison, you will be certified as having complete equivalence.

If there is partial equivalence, in the regulated professions the competent body has given you concrete measures with which you can find the

can compensate for differences.

"Regulated" means that you need recognition of your professional qualifications in order to be able to pursue the profession or to hold the professional title.

In occupations for which you do not necessarily need recognition (non-regulated), you will receive a communication detailing the differences identified. This allows you to apply directly to employers or to choose an individually suitable training course.

The recognition procedure ends with either a positive or a negative decision.

Partial recognition is not foreseen.

Please contact the State Administration Office.

  • You are a late emigrant or a late emigrant
  • You have passed your exam in a resettlement area
  • You live in Saxony-Anhalt
  • Proof of recognition as a late emigrant
  • Proof of your degree (school, university or vocational qualification)

You can find out which documents are still necessary at the State Administration Office.

Fees apply. However, these depend on the scope of your recognition procedure.

An informal request suffices.

If you have lost qualifications for your profession, they can be reissued.

You can also go through the equivalence procedure under the Federal Qualifications Assessment Act (BQFG). This is possible for 600 professions regulated by a federal law. You can find out exactly which professions this applies on the website of the Federal Government (BQ-Portal).


The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Ministry of Economy, Science and Digitisation of the State of Saxony-Anhalt

No authority found