jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.


In the second step, you choose which information you really need.

Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Apply for conciliation procedure on disability equality


If you experience impairments or disadvantages from federal authorities in your daily life, for example due to a lack of accessibility, you can call in the arbitration board.
Accessibility means that you can, for example, use structural facilities, means of transport or information processing systems without major difficulty and without outside help. If you experience impairments in your daily life by federal public authorities because accessibility is not sufficiently developed, you can contact the arbitration board under the Disability Equality Act.
The arbitration board mediates in disputes on the subject of accessibility between people with disabilities and public authorities of the Federal Government.
The conciliation body is independent. The arbitrators are responsible for impartial and fair conduct of the proceedings. The arbitrators and the employees of the office are obliged to maintain secrecy.

In order to initiate a conciliation procedure, you must submit a request. The application form is also available in plain language. Your application must include the following things:

  • the facts (the situation in which you have experienced an impairment),
  • the objective you wish to achieve with the conciliation procedure,
  • your name and address, and
  • the name and address of the federal public authority

You can submit the application online, by post, in German Sign Language via the SQAT service or by appointment in person on site.

If you submit the application online:

  • Fill in all the fields of the online form and follow the instructions.
  • The arbitration board will then contact you.

If you submit the application by post:

  • Download and print the application.
  • Complete the application and enclose the required documents and send them by post or e-mail to the arbitration board.

You can also send your application by e-mail to the arbitration board or submit an application in German Sign Language via the SQAT service.

  • You click on the SQAT symbol on the website of the arbitration board BGG. Then record a video in German Sign Language. This is converted into an e-mail by a service provider.
  • The Conciliation Board's response will also be converted into a sign language video

You can submit the application orally directly on site in the arbitration board:

  • By appointment, go to the arbitration board and say that you would like to initiate a conciliation procedure.
  • The employees on site will then initiate the conciliation procedure for you.

This is how the conciliation procedure works:

  • After you have submitted the application, the employee will review your application and also write to the public body.
  • You will then receive an answer from the public authority and can respond to it.
  • The arbitrator will suggest an answer to you, which you can send to the public body.
  • Sometimes you can also be invited to a conciliation appointment.
  • Once you have reached an agreement, the conciliation procedure is over.
  • If you cannot agree, you will receive a letter that the conciliation procedure was not successful
  • You have a disability.
  • They were therefore disadvantaged by a public body of the federal government - for example, by not sufficiently dismantling barriers.

If you are represented by someone else in the conciliation procedure, you need a power of attorney (PDF; 60 KB, 1 page).

If there is already a time limit for appeals that has been interrupted by the conciliation procedure, you must submit the request for conciliation within the appeal period.

  • First notification of receipt: 2 days
  • Completion of the conciliation procedure: 3 months

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs (BMAS)

No authority found