jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.


In the second step, you choose which information you really need.

Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Apply for certificate assessment of foreign university qualifications for recognition in higher education


A certificate assessment is an official document of the Central Office for Foreign Education (ZAB).

The certificate assessment shall take the form of a certificate. You will receive this certificate in a summary and a long version. It mentions the level of german educational attainment with which your foreign degree is comparable.

It also informs you at the same time about the possibilities you have for continuing your studies.

The ZAB issues a certificate only for completed higher education courses.

The certificate evaluation is only a comparative classification. It does not replace recognition.

With the Certificate of the ZAB you can prove to the university that you have a university degree. Ultimately, however, the university decides whether you are admitted to study.

You have a foreign university degree and would like to continue your studies at a German university? Find out more about the certificate evaluation here.

You submit a written application to the ZAB. It will then send you a fee notice by e-mail.

Once you have paid the fee, your application will be processed.

You will receive a certificate from the ZAB. This certificate contains a summary and a long version. You can attach the abstract to application documents. You can use the long version if you need a lot of information.

Contact the ZAB.

Central Office for Foreign Education (ZAB)
in the Secretariat of the Conference of Ministers of Culture
Graurheindorfer Straße 157
53117 Bonn
(P.O. Box 2240, 53012 Bonn)

  • Completed higher education
  • The final certificate of the university qualification to be evaluated in original language
  • The overview of subjects and grades over the entire course of study
  • The Diploma Supplement in the standardised European form (if issued)
  • A German translation of your documents

EUR 200.00 for your first application

EUR 100.00 for each subsequent application

The Länder of the Federal Republic of Germany have entrusted the ZAB with this task. The ZAB issues certificate ratings for university degrees from all countries of the world.

Lisbon Convention

The application form and information on the application can be found on the website of the Conference of Ministers of Culture (KMK).

Application on the KMK website

Certificate evaluation is particularly suitable for non-regulated professions. For regulated professions, you need recognition.

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Ministry of Economy, Science and Digitisation of the State of Saxony-Anhalt

No authority found