jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.


In the second step, you choose which information you really need.

Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Apply for health aid


If you do not have health insurance and receive uninterrupted assistance for living expenses for a short period of time (probably less than one month), the social welfare office will immediately provide the necessary medical care by issuing a treatment certificate.

This includes

  • Preventive health assistance for the prevention and early detection of illnesses
  • Assistance in the event of illness
  • Assistance with family planning
  • Help with pregnancy and maternity
  • Assistance with sterilization
  • Exclusion of priority benefits (e.g. health insurance, accident insurance, care for victims of war, Asylum Seekers Benefits Act)
  • Treatment certificate (assistance must be provided in the form of goods and services)
  • In the case of justified self-help (e.g. emergency), reimbursement of costs already incurred is possible
  • Informal application for the issue of a treatment certificate
  • Current notification of benefits to secure your livelihood
  • Identity card or passport
  • Prescriptions and/or proof of payment, if applicable,
  • necessary consultation confirmations, cost estimates, rejection notices

There are no fees.

The responsible social welfare agency can only issue a treatment certificate once it has become aware of the need. It is therefore important to submit an application as soon as possible.

A decision on the application will be made as quickly as possible, especially if there is a recognizable urgency.

All you need to do is submit an informal application to the social welfare office responsible for you.

You contact the social welfare office responsible for you with a request for an electronic health card or a treatment certificate.

The social welfare office will check the application. If all requirements are met, you will receive an electronic health card or a treatment certificate.

Lower Saxony Ministry for Social Affairs, Health and Equality

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

No authority found