jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.


In the second step, you choose which information you really need.

Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Apply for energy consulting for residential buildings (on-site consultation; individual renovation timetable)


The programme "Federal Funding for Energy Consulting for Residential Buildings" of the Federal Office of Economics and Export Control (BAFA) can be used for residential buildings. It is aimed at:

  • owners of single and multi-family houses,
  • condominium owners' associations,
  • usufructuaries, and
  • tenants and
  • Tenants.

The consulting costs amounting to 80 percent of the eligible consulting fee are funded:

  • a maximum of EUR 1,300 for detached or semi-detached houses and
  • EUR 1,700 for residential buildings of 3 or more residential units

Condominium associations receive a bonus of EUR 500.00 if the results of the consultation are presented on a special date (for example at an advisory board meeting or a condominium owners' meeting).

The funding programme is handled by an energy consultant. He or she applies for the funds himself. The energy consultant receives the energy consulting funding from the BAFA and issues you an invoice reduced by the subsidy amount.

The results of the consultation must be presented by the energy consultant in an energy consulting report, preferably an individual rehabilitation roadmap (iSFP). He or she will hand it over to you and explain it.
Support is provided in accordance with the rules of the de minimis Regulation if the owner of the residential building is an enterprise within the meaning of the Recommendation concerning the definition of micro, small and medium-sized enterprises.

You commission a licensed energy consultant to carry out an energy consultation for residential buildings.

  • The energy consultant then submits a grant application for your residential building via the BAFA online portal and receives a funding notification.
    • In order to submit the application online, the energy consultant must log in with his/her user account.
    • If the energy consultant does not yet have a user account, he/she must register with BAFA ("consultant recognition").
  • The energy consultant now has a maximum of 9 months to carry out the consultation and to hand over and explain the energy consulting report to you.
  • For the consulting service, the energy consultant will issue you with an invoice reduced by the subsidy.
  • After the explanation interview, which can also be conducted by telephone with your consent, you and the energy consultant must sign the declaration of use. The energy consultant submits this together with the invoice and the energy consulting report to the BAFA for examination.
  • Finally, the subsidy is paid to the energy consultant.

Contact the Federal Office of Economics and Export Control.

  • Only energy consultants who have been approved by the BAFA on the basis of their professional qualifications are eligible to apply.
  • An energy consultation for residential buildings includes at least the following steps:
    • on-site data recording,
    • the preparation of an energy consulting report (in particular an individual renovation timetable) as well as
    • its delivery and subsequent explanation to you as a consulted person.
  • A subsidised energy consultancy can only be used if:
    • the building is located in Germany,
    • the building application for the residential building dates back at least 10 years,
    • the building is predominantly used for residential purposes and falls under the scope of the Building Energy Act (GEG).
  • As an advisor, you have to pay a co-payment.

Funding is excluded if

  • you, as an advisor, are yourself approved as an energy consultant for this funding programme,
  • you are the wife/partner or husband/partner of the energy consultant,
  • the majority of the residential building is owned by the federal or state government,
  • the owner is an enterprise which does not fulfil the conditions for micro-enterprises and SMEs;
  • the owner of the building is a company that could rely on its own staff with the qualifications required for approval;
  • the energy consulting company is also only entitled to proportionate ownership rights to the residential building,
  • the recipient of the advice has been approved by the granting authority as an energy consultant for the funding programme;
  • the recipient of advice is a company against whose assets insolvency proceedings have been applied for or opened,
  • the recipient of the consultancy is a company that has received de minimis aid totalling at least EUR 200,000 (EUR 100,000 in the case of companies in the road transport sector) in the current year and in the previous 2 tax years, including support under this Directive,
  • the recipient of advice is an undertaking which is otherwise excluded under Article 1 of the de minimis Regulation.
  • Data on the person advised
  • Data on the object of consulting
  • After the energy consultation has been carried out, the proof of use must be submitted. This shall consist in particular of:
    • the invoice of the energy consultant,
    • proof of payment of the co-payment by the person advised,
    • the energy advisory report and
    • the signed declaration of where-used

There are no costs for you when applying.

  • The energy consultation must be completed after a maximum of 9 months (approval period). In the case of an additional explanation of the energy consulting report to condominium associations or advisory boards, the approval period is a maximum of 2 years.
  • The complete proof of use documents must be submitted to the BAFA within 3 months of the end of the approval period.
  • Application processing is a maximum of 1 week
  • The processing of proof of use documents usually takes 4 weeks

- Forms: no

- Online procedure: yes

- Written form required: yes

- Personal appearance required: no

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy

No authority found