jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.


In the second step, you choose which information you really need.

Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Advice on radicalisation of young people and adolescents


The Radicalisation Advice Centre of the Federal Office for Migration and Refugees (BAMF) supports you if you have the impression that a close person is turning to a radical Islamist group.

Via the telephone hotline or – if you do not want to make a phone call – by e-mail, you will receive basic information and, on request, receive further advice and facilities in your region. The experts at the Radicalisation Counselling Centre can also put you in touch with other people affected and self-help initiatives.

Where further discussions take place, you decide for yourself. This can be at your home, in the consulting office or outside, for example in a café.

Common goal: to strengthen your relationship of trust with the person concerned in such a way that you can slowly bring them back from radicalization or prevent further radicalization.

In principle, all parties involved treat your information confidentially. However, if there are concrete signs of self-endangerment and/or external danger as a result of radicalisation, the counselling centre involves the security authorities.

You can use the services of the Radicalisation Counselling Centre by telephone or e-mail:

Telephone hotline:

  • Call the telephone hotline of the counselling centre and describe the situation or your questions.
  • You will receive an initial telephone consultation by a specialist.
  • They receive information about offers of help and develop further options for action together with the counselling centre.
  • In individual cases, you will be offered and mediated personal advice and support by a suitable office near your place of residence.

E-mail contact:

  • If you do not want to call the hotline personally, you can also write an e-mail and describe your situation.  
  • You will then receive an answer by e-mail.
  • If you would like further advice, you will receive it at your place of residence.

You can contact the counselling centre without any further requirements.

You do not need to submit any documentation.

You can take advantage of the consultation free of charge. If necessary, there are usual tariff costs for telephone or Internet.

The duration of the consultation depends on the individual case.

Decree of the Federal Ministry of the Interior of 13 December 2011

Decree of the Federal Ministry of the Interior of 26 October 2017

Forms: none

Online procedure possible: no

Written form required: no

Personal appearance required: no

The consultation takes place optionally in

  • German
  • English
  • Turkish
  • Russian.

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Federal Ministry of the Interior and Home Affairs

No authority found