jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.


In the second step, you choose which information you really need.

Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Apply for entry fee


The entry fee is intended to offer you a financial incentive if your income is initially not or hardly higher than your previous cash benefits of the basic security.

Entry fee is granted to you as a credit-free subsidy.

The amount of funding can be determined by each job center on the basis of the legal criteria and is usually about 50 percent of the standard rate for unemployment benefit II (Hartz IV). When calculating the amount, the duration of your unemployment and the size of your community of needs are taken into account, among other things. Therefore, the amount of the entry fee varies depending on the individual case.

For special groups of people, your job center can also make a flat-rate assessment. This facilitates the same decisions in similar cases and concerns in particular:

  • Term unemployed
  • Single parent
  • migrants,
  • Elder
  • those with health impairments,
  • Women in partner communities of need.

You can receive entry money for a maximum of 24 months.

Whether and in what amount you can receive entry money is decided solely by your job center. That is, you have no legal right to it.

In order to receive the entry fee, you should first arrange a consultation with your responsible job center:

  • Contact the responsible job centre and arrange an appointment.
  • In the case of employment subject to social security contributions, you can also apply for an entry fee online.
  • The integration specialist records your data and checks whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
  • The consultant makes a discretionary decision on this basis.
  • You will receive a notification by post or online with the approval or rejection of your application.
  • If your application is approved, the Jobcenter will transfer the amount to your account monthly in advance.

The job centre responsible for your place of residence can be found via the service finder of the Federal Employment Agency.

  • You will receive unemployment benefit (ALG) II before starting your new job. Unemployment is not a prerequisite.
  • You must submit the application to your job centre before you actually take up employment.
  • Your new self-employment or your new employment is suitable for you to overcome your need for help in the future.
  • The entry fee is required for your integration into the general labour market.
  • Your employment includes at least 15 hours per week.

Additional requirements for self-employment / business start-up:

  • Positive evaluation of the job center about
    • Your personal suitability,
    • the economic viability of your self-employment

In the case of self-employment/business start-up:

  • Application for funding
  • Curriculum vitae, including, where appropriate, necessary qualifications
  • Meaningful description of the business start-up project to explain the business idea (business concept/business plan).
  • Capital requirements and financing plan
  • Revenue and profitability forecast (expected revenue and costs) for the next 3 years
  • If necessary, an external third party or a competent body will provide an opinion on the viability of your company
    • Expert bodies are: chambers, professional associations, credit institutions, start-up initiatives
  • Proof that you are self-employed, for example through your business registration, the notification to the tax office or the confirmation of the change of a secondary business to a main business
  • If necessary, further evidence, for example, to your
    • Accident insurance or
    • business liability or
    • Registration in the register of craftsmen

In the case of employment subject to social security contributions:

  • Application for funding
  • Copy of your employment contract

You must not have started your employment yet when you apply for entry fee. This applies both to the commencement of the activity subject to social security contributions and to your self-employment.

On average 4 weeks.

Forms available: Yes
Written form required: No
Informal application possible: Yes
Personal appearance necessary: No
Online services available: Yes

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs (BMAS)

No authority found