jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.


In the second step, you choose which information you really need.

Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Apply for one-off benefits


If you have no or only a small income of your own, you can apply for one-off benefits in special situations. It does not matter whether you have received money from the job center or not. Situations in which you may be entitled to one-off benefits include:

  • You are expecting a child and therefore need new equipment and clothing.
  • You need furniture or household appliances for the first time or have to buy new ones after a divorce.
  • You need orthopedic shoes or need to have them repaired.
  • You need to have therapeutic equipment or equipment repaired.

In these and other cases, you can apply for either a cash or non-cash benefit (vouchers) from the job center.

Contact your regionally responsible job centre before submitting an application. In many cases, the job center uses its own application form, sometimes an informal application with a justification is sufficient. The amount of one-off benefits may vary from region to region.

For one-off benefits, please first contact your responsible job center by phone, e-mail or in person on site. There you will receive further information and an application form, if you need one.

  • Fill out the application form or write a reasoned informal application, depending on the specifications of your responsible job center.
  • Send the application to the job centre. In it, you must prove your need. Attach the necessary documents requested by the job center, which prove the need and are required for examination.
  • The job centre will check your application. Evidence from third parties (for example, your landlord) may be required to check whether you need one-time services. Ultimately, the authority makes a case-by-case decision. You will then receive a notification from the job centre. There are three possible decisions:
    • the application is approved
    • the application is partially approved
    • the application is rejected.
  • The job centre will pay you the approved amount or send you the benefit in kind (voucher).

Please contact the responsible job centre.

If you are able to work and are unlikely to be able to cover your livelihood financially at the moment and also in the next 6 months, you can apply for one-off benefits as a cash benefit or in kind (voucher).

  • The one-time service must also be necessary.
  • The benefit is then to be used exclusively for the requested person, i.e. for
    • the initial equipment of your apartment,
    • the initial equipment for clothing and initial equipment for pregnancy and childbirth,
    • the purchase and repair of orthopaedic shoes, the repair of therapeutic devices and equipment and the rental of therapeutic equipment.
  • Identity card or passport
  • Proof of income
  • if necessary:
    • Proof of assets
    • Rental agreement, proof of rent payment or house encumbrances
    • Maternity passport or certificate from the doctor about the date of delivery
    • Prescription
    • Quotes

Please ask the job centre responsible for you which documents you need to submit for your case.

There are no fees for the provision of services.

If you do not have an account, you will receive a payment instruction for offsetting. That's a check. However, this will incur costs that will be deducted directly from the service to which you are entitled. Since the amount of the costs for the payment order can vary, please contact your responsible job center. You can have the cheque converted into cash at the issuing bank.

Make the application before you make the purchases, as one-off services are only provided if the need is not yet covered.

Your application may take several weeks to process.

Forms: depending on the job centre
Online procedure possible: no
Written form required: no, the application is also possible informally
Personal appearance required: no

You will receive a possibly required form from the local job centre.

The one-off benefits pursuant to § 24 paragraph 3 sentence 1 number 1 and 2 SGB II are provided under the responsibility of the municipal institutions. The amount of benefits can therefore vary from region to region.

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs

No authority found