jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.


In the second step, you choose which information you really need.

Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Apply for transitional allowance for people with disabilities


They receive transitional allowance as a subsistence benefit in connection with a special benefit for participation in working life, for example for participation in a further training measure in a special institution for disabled people.

Your previous gross salary is usually the basis for the calculation.

The amount of your transitional allowance also depends on your personal situation, for example

  • whether you have a child or a stepchild admitted to your household or
  • whether your spouse/partner living with you in a domestic community cannot work because he cares for you or needs care for you himself.

Even in the case of a part-time measure, you will receive the transitional allowance in full.

You can receive the transitional allowance for the entire duration of your measure.

If you are no longer able to participate in the measure for health reasons alone, but are expected to do so again, the transitional allowance will continue to be paid for up to 6 weeks, but at the most until the day of the planned end of the measure.

For absences for reasons other than health reasons, you are only entitled to transitional allowance if the Employment Agency recognises an important reason for the interruption of participation. Important reasons include:

  • marriage
  • Birth of a child
  • change of residence
  • Perception of a court date.

The transitional allowance is paid monthly retrospectively as a grant.

You will be supported by the Federal Employment Agency in your vocational rehabilitation if no other rehabilitation provider is responsible.

As a person with disabilities, you can receive transitional allowance to secure your livelihood if you take part in certain educational measures.

If you would like to apply for the transitional allowance in connection with a vocational integration measure, proceed as:

  • Make an appointment with your employment agency.
  • In a personal conversation, you will discuss with your consultant the possibilities for your professional integration. Your consultant will check your requirements together with you and determine the necessary measures and services.
  • If you are entitled to transitional allowance in connection with a measure to participate in working life, you will receive the necessary forms after the consultation.
  • Fill out the forms and submit them with the necessary documents to the Employment Agency.
  • You will then receive a notification.

As a rule, you are entitled to transitional allowance if the following conditions apply to you:

  • They have a disability and need special support for integration into working life.
  • You will participate in one of the following actions:
    • vocational training
    • vocational preparation, including the necessary basic training,
    • individual company qualification within the framework of "supported employment",
    • measure in the entrance procedure or vocational training area of a workshop for disabled people or at another service provider, or
    • continuing vocational training.
  • For the period of the last 3 years (pre-employment period), one of the following requirements applies to you:
    • They were covered by social security for at least 12 months.
    • You are entitled to unemployment benefit according to SGB III and are currently applying for it.
    • They are entitled to unemployment benefit under the Soldiers' Pension Act (SVG).

There are the following exceptions:

  • If you are a returnee with disabilities, you will not have to limit the previous employment period to 3 years.
  • The conditions of the pre-employment period can be omitted altogether if you take place within the last year before the start of the measure
    • have obtained a training qualification at a vocational school or other vocational training institution and that training corresponds to vocational training in a recognised training occupation, or
    • have obtained a certificate equivalent to the certificate of completion of vocational training in a recognised training occupation.

When contacting your consulting specialist, please ask which documents you need in addition to the questionnaire for transitional allowance and participation costs.

When submitting the questionnaire for transitional allowance and participation costs

  • before the start of the measure approximately 1 month after the start of the measure
  • after the start of the measure about 1 month

Forms: on request
Online procedure possible: no
Written form required: yes
Personal appearance necessary: no

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs

No authority found