jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.


In the second step, you choose which information you really need.

Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Applying for work assistance for people with disabilities in training and work


Individual work aids support people with disabilities in training or work. The Employment Agency or the Job Centre coordinates the support with you as an employer for your company.
Examples of work aids are access ramps, sanitary facilities or conversions in operation. The costs of the work aids also include the necessary ancillary costs, for example planning costs, fees and expert costs. After a subsidy, your company becomes the owner of the work aid.

Depending on the decision, the Employment Agency or the Job Center can cover the entire or part of the costs of the work assistance for you.

Subsidies for work aids for people with disabilities are a matter of discretion, you do not have a legal claim to them.

You can only apply for work aids for people with disabilities in education and work in writing:

  • Contact your contact person in the Employer Service of the Employment Agency or the Job Centre. If known, you can also contact the responsible contact person of the person with disabilities concerned in the Vocational Rehabilitation and Participation team of the Employment Agency or in the job centre.
  • Together you can discuss which work aids come into question. You will find out whether a workplace inspection may be required.
  • The application documents will either be sent to you by post or handed over personally. If you have any questions when filling out the applications, please contact your contact person.
  • Submit the documents with the required evidence to the Employment Agency or the Job Center.
  • The authority checks whether the person with disabilities can become the owner of the work aid so that he could take the work aid with him to the next workplace/employer.
    • In this case, the promotion of work assistance to people with disabilities would take place and be handled with them.
  • The Employment Agency examines the necessary scope of work aids. It also checks whether a visit to the workplace may be necessary.
  • You will receive a provisional written notification as to whether the requested aid will be granted.
  • With a permit, you purchase the work aids for your company and submit the invoice to the Employment Agency or the Job Center.
  • Finally, you will receive a notification of approval for the specific service.

Responsible is the department of the Employment Agency, in whose district the main residence of the person with disabilities is located, or the job center, in whose district the employable beneficiary has his habitual residence. The job centre is also responsible for existing employment relationships if additional benefits are granted in accordance with the Second Book of the Social Code.

As an employer, you can receive a subsidy for work aids in the company from the Employment Agency or the Job Centre under the following conditions:

  • Work assistance is necessary for the long-term participation of people with disabilities in working life.
  • You do not have to bear the costs for the work assistance yourself. In principle, as an employer, you are responsible for a workplace suitable for the disabled in the case of severely disabled persons and persons with disabilities treated as such.
  • The implementation of the work aid would be unreasonable for you or associated with disproportionately high effort.
  • The work aid is additionally required for a handicapped-accessible job or training place.
  • The person for whom the work aid is intended has a disability or is threatened with a disability.
  • The Employment Agency is the responsible rehabilitation provider for the person with (imminent) disability. This usually applies to people before initial vocational training and if no other rehabilitation provider (e.g. employers' liability insurance association or German pension insurance) is responsible.
  • Estimate
  • Employment or training contract of the person with disabilities
  • Invoice (to be submitted retrospectively after application)

You can find out which documents are required in your case on the application form.

Make sure that you have to submit the application before you buy the work aid, sign a purchase contract or start the expansion or conversion work.

Several weeks

Forms: yes
Online procedure possible: no
Written form required: yes
Personal appearance required: no

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs

No authority found