jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.


In the second step, you choose which information you really need.

Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Apply for permission to sell goods at fairs, festivals and special occasions


You would like to use goods for a special occasion, such as a public festival, a trade fair or a market, if you are on the occasion of a fair or exhibition, a market (for example, fair, Christmas market, etc.), in the context of public events or celebrations (for example, community festival, shooting festival, inauguration celebrations) or during another comparable event
If you want to offer goods for immediate sale, you do not need a travel business card if you have permission from the competent authority.

A permit, which you must apply for from the competent authority, is sufficient. If you are already in possession of a travel business card, this is sufficient. In this case, you do not need any additional permission.

After applying for a permit, the competent authority decides whether to agree to your application to sell the goods. The competent authority shall authorise:

  • for a specific place and
  • limited for a specific event

The permit is not transferable. It does not replace any other permits and permits that may have to be obtained from other authorities (for example, road or road traffic permits – special use permit).

In certain cases, you do not need a travel business card or any other commercial permit for the sale of goods at the above-mentioned events. This applies to the following cases:

  • They sell home-grown products from agriculture and forestry, vegetable, fruit and horticulture, poultry breeding and beekeeping as well as hunting and fishing.
  • You sell goods in the municipality in which you are registered with your place of residence or in which you have registered your commercial establishment. However, this exception only applies if the municipality has no more than 10,000 inhabitants.
  • They sell milk and, if necessary, additional dairy products (e.g. yoghurt, kefir, butter, cheese) and still have a permit under the Milk and Margarine Act.
  • They sell food or other everyday goods from a sales cart or stall ("mobile shop") and do so outside fixed markets (e.g. weekly markets) at regular, shorter intervals always in the same place.
  • They sell printed works on public roads, streets, squares or other public places. According to the Press Act, the term printed works includes writings, discussed sound carriers (e.g. cassettes and other data carriers), pictorial representations with and without writing, image carriers (video cassettes and other data carriers) and music (printed products with sheet music) with text and explanations. However, you need a permit to sell such products at the front door.
  • You want to offer goods (not services) at a specific event or occasion.
  • The sale of the goods you wish to offer must not be prohibited in the itinerant trade (for example, precious metals, precious stones, alcohol are prohibited – with certain exceptions)
  • They offer the goods at the event itself, or at least on the fringes of the event in question. There must therefore be a temporal and spatial connection to the event (for example, on the forecourt or the access roads).
  • Copy of identity card or passport with registration certificate, or presentation on site.
  • Information on the location and type of stall as well as the range of goods.

The costs are based on the respective administrative fee regulations of the Land or on the fee statutes of the competent authorities under Land law.

- Form: no

- Written form required: no

- Online procedure possible: yes

- Personal appearance required: no

Contact your municipality or city in whose district the event is to take place.

  • Written form required: no
  • Online procedure possible: yes
  • Personal appearance required: no
  • You apply informally for the permit together with the necessary documents at the competent authority.
  • The decision of the authority will be communicated to you by e-mail or by post.

If you are already in possession of a itinerant business card that entitles you to sell certain goods, you do not also need the permission of the competent authority if you want to offer corresponding goods for sale at trade fairs, exhibitions, markets or public festivals.
The commercial permit does not replace any permits or permits required under other specialist law (e.g. road law).

Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

No authority found