jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.


In the second step, you choose which information you really need.

Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Apply for a career qualification "Archive Service, Category 2, Second Entry Office" from abroad


If you have obtained a Master's degree or equivalent degree abroad in the following areas, you can apply for the career qualification "Archive Service, Category 2, Second Entry Office" under certain conditions:

  • History,
  • Law or
  • Information Sciences
  • or another suitable field of study

With the career qualification, you can be hired as a civil servant.

On the basis of your submitted documents, the competent authority checks whether and to what extent your foreign qualification meets the German qualification requirements for the career, for example on the basis of the content and duration of the training, relevant professional experience or other qualifications.

Within 3 months of submitting the complete documents, you will be informed in writing by the competent authority whether:

  • recognition is granted,
  • There are deficits in the qualification and therefore before recognition
  • compensatory measures are necessary, or
  • recognition cannot take place.

Contact the Ministry of the Interior and Sport.

  • Master's degree or equivalent degree in history, law, information science or other suitable disciplines,
  • Subsequent internal administrative studies, which is comparable to the preparatory service with an archival state examination
  • Knowledge of a modern foreign language at least at level B 2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages and basic knowledge of Latin
  • Proof of identity
  • Indication of your current place of residence
  • Tabular list of your completed courses of study and relevant gainful activities
  • Certificates of study obtained abroad
  • Evidence of relevant professional experience or other evidence of formal qualifications, where necessary or may be necessary to establish equivalence
  • whether and to which body you have already submitted an application for a declaration of equivalence,
  • Where appropriate, a decision on the finding

Should further documents be required, the competent authority will contact you.

As a rule, all documents must be submitted in German in the original or as a certified copy. If the documents are written in another language, you may also need a translation from a publicly appointed (sworn) translator. Please contact the competent authority.

Up to EUR 600,00.

Insofar as recognition is made dependent on the completion of adaptation courses or performance checks, further costs may arise. Information on this can be obtained from the competent authority.

If you do not agree with the decision of the competent authority, you are free to appeal under the Administrative Court Rules (opposition proceedings, legal proceedings). The exact details can be found in the notices of the competent authority.

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Ministry of the Interior and Sport

No authority found