jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.


In the second step, you choose which information you really need.

Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Apply for a place to study medicine, veterinary medicine, dentistry, pharmacy


The number of prospective students in Germany exceeds the number of available study places. Through central coordination, Hochschulstart ensures that each applicant receives only one study place and that all available study places are allocated.

The following degree programmes are subject to admission restrictions throughout Germany:

  • Medicine
  • Veterinary medicine
  • Dentistry
  • Pharmacy

If you are interested in one of these courses of study, you must apply to Hochschulstart. You cannot apply directly to the university.

On the basis of the submitted documents, Hochschulstart checks whether you can receive a study place and advises you comprehensively on questions regarding the allocation of study places.

In the application portal, you must place your applications in a desired order. Applications will be forwarded to the universities. You may have to submit further documents to the universities. Hochschulstart or the universities rank the applicants on ranking lists. Depending on which place you are on the leaderboard, you will receive an offer of admission that you can accept. If you do not yet want to accept the offer, you can wait and see if you will also receive an offer for your other applications.

Subordinated tenders are automatically excluded from the procedure.

At the end of the procedure, you will then receive a study place for the best possible offer.

Please contact the Foundation for University Admission.

  • You have a university entrance qualification (e.g. Abitur)
  • You meet the individual requirements for the course of study (for example, Abitur grade)
  • Certified copy of the university entrance qualification (e.g. Abitur certificate)
  • Evidence of
    • Aptitude tests,
    • completed vocational training,
    • professional activities,
    • Volunteer Services

You can find out which documents are required in your case on the application form.

For a winter semester, you must apply online by 15 July. You can submit written documents until 21 July.

If you received your university entrance qualification (e.B. Abitur) before 16 January of the year of your application, you must apply by 31 May and can submit written documents by 15 June.

For a summer semester, you must apply online by 15 January. You can submit written documents until 21 January.

The application process takes 3 to 6 months.

  • Forms: An application form must be completed online and then printed out and signed and sent to Hochschulstart
  • Online procedure possible: Yes, but not yet completely.
  • Written form required: Yes
  • Personal appearance required: no

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Foundation for University Admission

No authority found