jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.


In the second step, you choose which information you really need.

Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Apply for a residence permit for the spouse's re-entry into foreigners


The residence permit may be issued if you and your spouse or partner have reached the age of 18, with the minimum age being waived in certain cases.

As a rule, you must demonstrate simple language skills. With simple language skills, you should be able to communicate in a simple way in everyday life on German, for example, to ask for the way, to shop and imagine. There are several exceptions to the requirement to demonstrate language skills. Is z.B.  the foreign person in possession of a Blue Card EU ICT card or Mobile ICT card, then you do not have to prove any language skills. For information on further exceptions to language skills, contact your competent authority.

The residence permit for family reunification is a temporary residence permit. It is granted for the period of validity of the family member's residence permit in Germany - for at least one year. If the residence permit of the foreign person living in Germany is valid for less than one year, the residence permit is also issued for the shorter period.

The residence permit issued for family reunification entitles you to work.

You may be required by the immigration authority to take part in an integration course. This will then be noted on your residence permit.

If you wish to move to Germany with your foreign spouse or civil partner, you can obtain a residence permit for family reunification if you meet certain conditions for this

Contact the immigration authority.

  • You have a recognised and valid passport or passport replacement and, if necessary for entry- a suitable visa.
  • There is no interest in expulsion against you.
  • Your stay does not endanger or affect the interests of the Federal Republic of Germany.
  • The foreign person in Germany has a valid residence permit, residence permit, permanent residence permitEU, Blue Card EU, ICT card or Mobile ICT card.
  • You and your spouse or partner have reached the age of 18.
  • You can demonstrate simple language skills where necessary.
  • Your spouse or life partner has sufficient health insurance coverage and financial resources to care for your family.
  • Your spouse or partner has successfully rented an apartment in Germany that offers enough space for your family.
  • Valid passport
  • Current biometric photo
  • Visa, where necessary
  • Residence permit of the foreign person in Germany to which the move takes place
  • In the case of family reunification with the spouse: international marriage certificate as officially certified copy or marriage certificate in original language as officially certified copy or marriage certificate checked by the German diplomatic mission for authenticity and correctness of content in original language and in German translation
  • Family reunification to life partner: Partnership certificate
  • Ggfls. Proof of simple German language skills (A1 certificate)
  • Proof of health insurance cover
  • Evidence of livelihood saoffs
  • Proof of housing conditions (e.B. rental agreement or purchase contract with information on the number of square meters of the living space )

Residence permit issued: EUR 100.00

Under certain conditions, a fee reduction or exemption may be considered.

  • The residence permit should be applied for no later than eight weeks before the expiry of your still valid visa.
  • Opposition period: 1 month
  • Forms: Forms are received from your immigration authority, if necessary they are also offered online
  • Online procedure possible in some cases
  • Written form required: yes
  • Personal appearance necessary: yes

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Ministry of the Interior and Local Government

of the State of Brandenburg

No authority found