jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.


In the second step, you choose which information you really need.

Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Apply for a grant from the Employment Agency for internship remuneration for young people who are to be prepared for in-company vocational training as part of an entry-level qualification


With the entry-level qualification, you can prepare young people who have already decided on a specific profession for an apprenticeship in your company. As part of a paid internship, they are introduced to the future training content and can prove their skills.

For the internship allowance, you can apply for a monthly subsidy of up to EUR 247.00 plus a flat-rate share of the average total social security contribution.

In terms of content, the internship should be based on the future training occupation. In addition, you should strive to take over the intern in your company.
The following are eligible:

  • training applicants registered with the Employment Agency with limited placement prospects for individual reasons, who do not have a training place even after the nationwide follow-up placement campaigns,
  • training seekers who do not yet have the required training maturity to a full extent, and
  • Learning impaired and socially disadvantaged training seekers

As a rule, funding begins on 1.10. of each year at the earliest. An early start of the measure from 1.8. is in principle possible.

You must apply for the grant for entry-level qualification in writing:

  • Define internship content, duration, remuneration and eligibility criteria for the participants and report the open offer to your chamber and your employment agency.
  • You will then receive information about a provisional funding commitment.
  • If your prospective interns have not yet been registered with the Employment Agency, please ask them to report to the Employment Agency. Only in this way can the affiliation to the eligible group of persons be checked.
  • If the applicant belongs to the eligible group of persons, you conclude an EQ contract with him or her. You can download the model contract or ask your chamber.
  • Apply to the Employment Agency for a grant for internship remuneration before the start of the internship. Attach a copy of the EQ contract.
  • You then register the intern with the health insurance company and the employers' liability insurance association.
  • You will receive a written notification from the Employment Agency as to whether the subsidy will be granted.
  • If your applicant is required to attend vocational school, you must register him or her at the vocational school and preferably in the corresponding specialist class before the start of the internship.
  • If your intern needs support with the entry-level qualification, he or she should coordinate with the Employment Agency and, if necessary, apply for these support services of assisted training.
  • The internship must:
    • between 6 and 12 months.
    • be remunerated and covered by social insurance.
  • The trainee must belong to the eligible group of persons. This must be checked by the Employment Agency.
  • The intern must not have been employed in your company before.
  • The entry-level qualification may not take place in the company of the spouses, life partners or parents.
  • In the case of compulsory vocational education, the trainee must take part in vocational school lessons and be registered in the corresponding specialist class.
  • Contract for an entry-level qualification between the company and the young person

There is no deadline. You must apply for funding before the entry-level qualification begins.The applicant must be registered at the vocational school before the start of the internship, provided that vocational school is compulsory.


Forms available: No
Written form required: Yes
Informal application possible: No
Personal appearance required: Yes
Online services available: No

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs (BMAS)

No authority found