jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.


In the second step, you choose which information you really need.

Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Apply for funding for continuing vocational training


General further education funding with the education voucher:

With an education voucher, the Employment Agency or the Job Centre can cover all or part of the costs of your continuing vocational training. Before you receive an education voucher, the responsible employment agency or the responsible job centre will check together with you whether further training is necessary for you.
You can redeem the education voucher at an educational institution of your choice if it is approved for further education funding.
The further training measure itself must also be approved and fit the education voucher. The education voucher stipulates, among other things:

  • the educational goal,
  • the duration until the educational goal is achieved,
  • the contents of the qualification,
  • the regional scope and
  • the period of validity in which you must have redeemed the education voucher and started your participation.

The education voucher is generally valid at your place of residence and in places that you can reach daily from home.

The training costs that the Employment Agency or the Job Center pay for you usually include:

  • course costs and costs for the assessment of aptitude,
  • travel expenses,
  • costs for external accommodation and meals,
  • Cost of caring for children.

For further training courses that begin before the end of 31.12.2023 and lead to a degree in recognized training occupations with a duration of at least 2 years, you will receive a further training premium of EUR 1,500 for successful participation in the final examination. If law or regulation provides for an interim examination, you will receive EUR 1,000 for passing.

Subsequent acquisition of the lower secondary school leaving certificate:

Under certain conditions, the subsequent acquisition of the lower secondary school leaving certificate or an equivalent qualification is also promoted.

Support for employees without a vocational qualification or with a non-usable vocational qualification (low-skilled workers):

If you do not yet have a vocational qualification or have not worked in your learned profession for more than 4 years and can no longer practice the previously learned profession due to occupational alienation, you will be supported by taking over the further training costs when participating in further training measures for the subsequent acquisition of a vocational qualification.
These 4 years include:

  • Periods of employment in unsealed and semi-skilled work
  • unemployment
  • Times for caring for relatives
  • Times to rear children

If you are unemployed during the training period and receive unemployment benefit, you will continue to receive your unemployment benefit through the Employment Agency during the training period or will continue to receive your unemployment benefit II.

Acquisition of basic skills:

If you still lack basic skills in the areas of reading, writing, mathematics or information and communication technologies for further training with which you want to acquire a vocational qualification, the Employment Agency or the Job Centre can also promote further training in these areas under certain conditions.

Support for employed employees:

The Employment Agency or the responsible job centre may also promote the further training of employees, in particular if they work in occupations that can be replaced by technologies or are otherwise affected by structural change or seek further training in a bottleneck occupation, i.e. in a profession in which there is a shortage of skilled workers.

In principle, your employer must contribute to the course costs. He can also receive wage cost subsidies while you are doing further training. How large the share is depends on the size of the company:

  • Salary subsidies:
    • up to 25 percent for companies with 250 or more employees,
    • up to 50 percent for small and medium-sized enterprises (10 to 249 employees) and
    • up to 75 percent for micro-enterprises (less than 10 employees).
  • Grants for the course costs:
    • 100 percent in micro-enterprises with up to 9 employees,
    • up to 50 percent in companies with up to 249 employees,
    • up to 25 percent in companies with 250 or more employees,
    • up to 15 percent for large companies with 2,500 or more employees,
    • up to 100 percent in small and medium-sized enterprises (up to 249 employees) for older employees (from the age of 45) or employees with a severe disability.
  • In addition, up to 15 percent higher subsidies for the course costs and the salary in the presence of a collective agreement or a company agreement for vocational qualification or in the case of special further training needs.
  • Assumption of the full course costs and wage subsidy up to 100 percent if low-skilled people participate in further training with the aim of a vocational qualification.

If you would like to continue your professional education, the Employment Agency or the Job Centre will cover the further training costs for you under certain conditions.

If you are unemployed or threatened by unemployment or want to catch up on a vocational qualification, you can only initiate your further training support together with your placement or integration specialist:

  • To do this, make an appointment at your employment agency or your job centre.
  • If you receive unemployment benefit II: the job centre responsible for your place of residence.
  • In all other cases: the Employment Agency, which is responsible for your place of residence.
  • In a personal interview, it will be clarified whether you need additional qualifications in order to find a job as quickly as possible.
  • Your placement or integration specialist will then check whether you meet the requirements for funding.
  • Under certain conditions, the medical service or the occupational psychological service may also be included in order to determine suitability.
  • education voucher:
    • Your placement or integration specialist will usually give you the education voucher directly during the consultation.
    • You choose a suitable course yourself and register.
  • Before the start of the measure, the educational institution confirms your admission to the course on the education voucher and informs the Employment Agency or the Job Center. The Employment Agency or the Job Centre then checks whether the course fits the education voucher and whether you meet the admission requirements. If this is the case, it is possible to promote further training and you can start with further training.
  • You should already start applying for suitable job offers during the training.
  • If you become ill during the course, you must inform both the Employment Agency or the Job Centre as well as the educational institution.
  • Even during the training, you will continue to be supervised by your responsible placement or integration specialist and discuss the further steps of your job search with him, especially before the end of the training measure.

If you are in employment, discuss your training needs with your employer. You can then contact the Employment Agency or the Job Centre and clarify the next steps.

The costs for your further training can usually be covered if:

  • you have participated in a consultation by the Employment Agency or the Job Center,
  • further training is necessary to end your unemployment, to make up for a lack of a vocational qualification or to avert the threat of unemployment
  • the acquisition of enhanced vocational skills improves individual employability and makes further training appropriate with a view to the labour market, and
  • the training measure and the training provider are approved for the promotion of further training.

Support is also possible for employees under certain conditions if:

  • continuing training goes beyond a short-term adaptation training course exclusively related to the workplace,
  • the professional qualification is usually at least 4 years ago,
  • You have not participated in a continuing vocational training funded by the Employment Agency or the Job Centre in the last 4 years before the application was submitted,
  • the training is carried out outside the establishment or by an approved institution in the establishment,
  • lasts more than 120 hours,
  • the institution and the measure are approved, and
  • You are engaged in activities that can be replaced by technologies or are otherwise affected by structural change or you would like to learn a bottleneck profession.
  • curriculum vitae
  • testimonies

There are no costs for you.

Validity of the education voucher: 1 to 3 months

Education voucher: none (the education voucher is usually issued directly in the consultation)

The education voucher must be submitted to the responsible employment agency or the job centre before the start of the further training measure. After returning the education voucher and submitting the complete documents by the carrier, the processing time is usually 2 weeks.

Within one month of its notification, you can file an objection against this administrative act in writing or for writing to the Employment Agency or the Job Centre mentioned in the document header. The objection may be filed for the effective replacement of the written form in electronic form. The electronic form is maintained by the transmission of an electronic document suitable for processing by the Employment Agency and qualified electronically signed by the person responsible and to which the special authority mailbox (beBPo) assigned to the employment agency named in the document header is transmitted.

  • Forms: none
  • Online procedure possible: no
  • Written form required: no
  • Personal appearance necessary: yes

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs

No authority found